Sign in to follow this  
Guest GoldFishNewbies

? Confused Much Yes! ?

Guest GoldFishNewbies

i have 1 10 gallon complter set ans a 29gal complete set

Guest Mike and Linda

you need to quarantine both of these fish. if your oranda is healthy, adding the ryukin in the same tank could potentially get both sick. I would put one fish in a 10Gal and the other in the other 10Gal. You have 2 10Gals right?

Then you must use a product called Prazi and salt them for one month. if in a month they are still healthy they can go together to the larger tank. :)

He won't have enough test kits to test both tanks and he won't have the proper filtration to run the 29 during a cycle.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

so put them together and salt?

Guest Mike and Linda

Its up to you. if you want to keep the Oranda in the 10gallon and keep the Ryukin in the 29 gallon you can do that but you would have to test both tanks every day for ammonia and Nitrites and KH and salt both tanks for at least 1 month.

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest GoldFishNewbies

ill put them both in the 10gal tank okay?

Guest Mike and Linda

How healthy is that Ryukin do you know what tank it is coming from

Don't even try that they will not survive. If you put them together make sure that it is in the 29g

I tried 2 in a 15gal once and no go the ammonia started to get so bad I had to move them.

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest GoldFishNewbies

all his fins are erect id say real healthy except for the stressful ride home and the enviroment he lived in

and 0o0o okay

Guest Mike and Linda

if they are healthy make sure you use the 29 gallon

you cannot know the fish is healthy unless you have a microscope.

I would not put 2 fish together who have a history of ich and who have never been in quarantine.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

alrite ryukin in 10gal and redcap in 29gal

Guest GoldFishNewbies

you cannot know the fish is healthy unless you have a microscope.

I would not put 2 fish together who have a history of ich and who have never been in quarantine.

then what should i do?

Guest GoldFishNewbies

i just discovered 2 ich parasites on my red caps wen

Guest Mike and Linda

Are you sure that it is ich. I had an Oranda one time that had a white dot like you said on the wen and ours was not ich.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

it looks like a grain of salt let me chck again and what do i do place both in 29 gal? because he cant stay in this container that smaller then him

have you stopped treating the redcap for ich? are you totally sure all the free swimming ich is gone? otherwise you risk it coming back in a few days again.

I would salt both fish. But what you can do is one at a time if it is easier for you. do first the one in the 10Gals. He needs to be 3 weeks in salt of 0.3%. Read the link in my signature so you can be totally sure how to do that. You need to add 10teaspoons after the next water change. then another 10 in 12hrs and another 10 12hrs after that. Then you will have 30teaspoons in the tank. Then you just do daily water changes of 50%. Always adding back 15teaspoons of salt. Is this clear? (US people correct me if I am getting salt measurements wrong).

The with the fish in the 29 you can just observe him for now. Is he swimming happy all the time. Do his poops look normal. Does he race around the tank and scratch. Is he eating well etc. Keep an eye on the parameters too. Maybe in the 29gay you can do just one 50% water change every 2 days.

If the redcap has some fluffy white spots on the wen if is just normal wen growth.

Those aren't ich. They are probably oranda wen (cap) growth. You can post pics up here and we can verify it for you, but I'm going to see it's wen growth and perfectly normal. You will say these white spots growing on the cap very often. It's just the cap growing. These spots are bigger than the ich spots and they look fuzzier and less grainy compared to the salt crystal look of the Ich spots.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

im thinking both in the 29gal its easuer or both in 10 gal is even easier because i can treat both at the same time

Guest Mike and Linda

Don't even consider 2 in the 10 gal. If you do we can't help you. I am telling you not to put both in the 10 gal. there just is not enought water to support the bio load of two fish.

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest GoldFishNewbies

alright so both in the 29gal right

and ill use salt with no idodine

Guest Mike and Linda

all i can say is if you must put the fish together don't use the 10gal. Two goldies need 29 or more.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

alright so both together or no thats what im asking what would you do?

Guest Mike and Linda

If it was up to me and I had not much money to buy supplies to look after my fish and i had to make a decision I would take the chance and put both of my fish in the 29g.

I know that fish are suppose to be QT for 30 days first. There is always a possibility of a disease being transfered. I have bought fish and did not QT them.

Captain Findus Goldfish is right for QT.

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest GoldFishNewbies

alright thats what ill do

if you want to put both for simplicity reasons you really have to stick to the salt regimen and keep up with the water parameters.