Sign in to follow this  
Guest GoldFishNewbies

? Confused Much Yes! ?

Guest GoldFishNewbies

Thanks for the address. I will ship it out Monday. I live in Ontario Canada so i am not to far from you. i don't have a lot of money but I will send you 1 Nitrite test kit also it is very important for you to test for this.

i love you man i have ammonia and ph so your giving me heater and kit?! thanks anything i can do in return?

0.01%=1 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

0.02%=2 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

0.03%=3 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

Lynda, it's actually not 0.01%,0.02%,0.03% but 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.3%.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

ive added ick clear and the water turned blue hope it works

Really? Weird. I've always called it .01%. Huh? Oh, well. I guess as long as the dosage is the same.

Really? Weird. I've always called it .01%. Huh? Oh, well. I guess as long as the dosage is the same.

Yup. I just checked the books again. I do agree that the most important thing is that the correct dosage is added, which is 1, 2, or 3 teaspoons per gallon.

0.01%=1 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

0.02%=2 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

0.03%=3 tsp salt per 1 gallon of water.

Lynda, it's actually not 0.01%,0.02%,0.03% but 0.1%, 0.2%, and 0.3%.

You know... I'm so confusing myself. :wacko: When I checked my article, I saw 0.1%, etc. and, for some deluded reasoning, I thought, "OMG! I wrote that wrong! What was I thinking?! :thud But, my article IS right and my old brain is slipping. What a dolt! Yes, you're correct.....

I'll be leaving now to go check into the old folks home....... :crazy:

I'll be leaving now to go check into the old folks home....... :crazy:

I'll save you a spot. I've already checked in :P

Save me a spot, too! I am incredibly confused when it comes to salt.

I wonder if we can bring our multitude of tanks :rofl :rofl

C'mon down and visit Del Webb's Sun City Goldfish Community. We are a 55+ gated community devoted to avid goldfish keepers. We have numerous goldfish and koi ponds strategically located throughout the community. We have a fish store onsite called, "Fishes For Fogies," which offers a full range of the most up-to-date supplies and healthy, disease-free fish. And, as a resident, you will receive a 20% discount off the manufacturer suggested retail price. Traveling out of town for one week or for the whole summer? We also provide a fish-sitting service for the snowbirds and summertime travelers. You will also find we offer numerous classes in all aspects of goldfish keeping, including a bereavement group for survivors of our lost loved ones. Our newest class is entitled, "Salt May Be Bad For Your Blood Pressure, But It's Great For Treating Fungus!" C'mon down and see how you can join our pond today!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Did someone recommend you do that? Because you were perfectly treating the ich with salt. The meds are going to be too aggressive.

Guest Mike and Linda

I do not want anything in return for the heater or the Nitrite or the Nitrate test kit. In the future you will have to buy these kits to help tell if your water is good or bad for your fish. Salt will get rid of the ich I would not use medication for ich. Keep the WC going though very important.

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

I have decided this is what I will send you 100watt heater, Nitrite, Nitrate and KH test kits. I will send you this because you goldies will not stay healthy very long unless you test your water for these things. KH is very important also. All I ask from you is for you to make your best effort at keeping these fish health and do your very best effort to buy these test kits. Don't just assume that your water quality is good. I have confidence in you that you can do a great job at keeping your fish healthy especially at your young age. From Mike

Guest GoldFishNewbies

Mike, you are awesome!! :)

yeh he is but nomore stuff mike i feel bad for taking this for free

Guest Mike and Linda

Don't feel bad my wife and I do not mind helping you to get started. If you don't have these testkits your fish might not survive. I will check Monday by mail or UPS and see which would be quicker. Just look at it this way someday you might be able to help someone out like I am helping you. Just accept and be happy.

Everyone on this forum knows how difficult it can be to start and keep goldies healthy and happy. Happy water happy fish.

I will let you know when the package is sent. Keep us posted on how your fish are doing and keep the water changes going until you get these test kits and then you can post and let us know the water conditions. I only added these test kits because they are a must and you can't really keep the tank happy without them. from Mike and Linda

Edited by Mike and Linda

Guest GoldFishNewbies

white spot are fading away but ima continue the treatment for another week maybe 2 and thanks again mike

white spot are fading away but ima continue the treatment for another week maybe 2 and thanks again mike

As I've said before, ich has four cycles and only one of them is being able to see them on the fish. The other three is when they are invisible and living in the water. So, you need to continue the treatment for at least 2 weeks after you see the last spot. The very last spot. If it's been several days without seeing a spot and you've started your two week countdown, but then you see a spot, that two week countdown must start all over again. If you stop your treatment too early, the ich will just come back with a vengeance.

Are you doing large daily water changes?

Have you removed your gravel?

I promise you, doing these things will help get rid of the ich much more quickly.

Guest GoldFishNewbies

yes i have and nomore spots!

Guest GoldFishNewbies

Captain Findus Goldfish

i need your help i wanted to know what kind of goldfish is grace?

Captain Findus Goldfish

i need your help i wanted to know what kind of goldfish is grace?

Lol. Grace is Captain Findus Goldfish's pride & joy, and she is a giant ryukin :)

yes i have and nomore spots!

Normally, I would say, start your two week count from this point and take it from there, but, in conjunction with your other post about getting new fish, I would say, do the things I've mentioned in that and things will go a lot easier for you.

And you can take some time to research the different types of fancies so you'll know what kind you want when you're ready. Ryukins are a good choice, IMO, as I think they are some of the hardiest fancies, but here's Kokos article on the types of goldfish:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/ftypes.html

Edited by Lynda Von G