Sign in to follow this  
Guest caro0734

Koi With Ich

Guest caro0734

Hi guys, my baby koi has ich. i noticed last nite when i saw him flashing that he had tiny dots. i also made a huge mistake: w/o testing my tap water i added baking soda, after i did a water change i tested my aquarium and my pH is through the roof! it's as alkine as it can get. my poor fish are stressed, but the only one that has ick is my baby koi, my pearscale seems fine. i need to know how to do a salt dip and how can i bring down my pH w/o having to but those pH chemicals.

Help! :(

Thanks!

Caro

Caro, here is a link that helps you regarding the salt drip, and salt treatments in general.... :)

http://kokosgoldfish.com/forum/index.php?s...?showtopic=8382

How high exactly is your ph?

If the pH is high (let me guess 8.2-8.4?) due to the additon of baking soda, water changes will lower it.

As for the fish, you know that a salt dip isn't going to completely cure the ich, right? ;) You need something consistantly in the water to do that, so you can kill off those little nasties as they fall off the fish and the new bugs hatch out. You can use salt for this (1 tablespoon per gal) or you can use a commercial ich med. Don't use both at the same time.

Good luck. :)

Guest caro0734

thanks you for ur responses! :D

my koi is clear of ich, is used some medication for it and it cleared it right up.

fortunately my pearscale didn't get it.

i finally got my pH undercontrol.

thanks again! :hi