2011 Northwest Koi And Goldfish Show

WHOOT!!! I think I may go this year... its right up the road from here :panana

I love to say hi in person if you go. Give me an idea of when you may go, when the time gets closer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping my plans to go will work out. 3 1/2 hour drive from Houston.

19th Annual Koi & Goldfish Show

October 22 & 23 2011

Water Garden Gems

3136 Bolton Road

Marion, Texas 78124

• 4 weeks later...

If you see me please stop me and say hi. I will be pretty easy to pick out. I will be on a knee scooter and have a large ankle brace.

Here is a picture of my ride.

scooter.jpg

I look forward to meeting any one that can show up.

I stopped by there today to check it out. I feel I wasted my time. There was maybe about 12 tanks with goldfish. I should have brought a fish to show. Odds are I would have placed just from the lack of competition. One club member noted that there was about half the entries as last year. The koi part of the show was a bit better. There was only a couple vendors on hand and only one had samples. All of the vendors were for koi.

I was looking forward to meeting you but I don't think I will return on Sunday. If you live really close, it is a good waste of an hour or so. Other wise I wouldn't bother. I best part of the show was this years T-shirt that looks like the picture at the top of the post. I will be stopping by the Japanese Garden on the way back home.

Well I'm glad I didn't miss anything on Saturday, I went on Sunday and was also disappointed. Tommy was there with some GF for sale, but none really jumped out at me (figuratively - though when I was walking up there was a small koi flopping around on the ground!). Last year's show was better and I was hoping to make it an annual trip, being only a couple hours away. Now I'm not so sure, lol. There were some magnificent koi though which really made me want a large outdoor pond.

Hey Chris, cool to see someone from here live so close! I'm just north of you in Fife...

• Admin

I was there Sunday and the Auction was very cool :) Yeah not much on the Goldfish side this time. But I did get two jet black Ranchu's from Tommy and loving them :heart

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to the show pictures.

The goldfish were hard to photograph with my cheap camera. Lots of sun light reflecting off the tanks. Some of the tanks were in front of a window providing lots of back lighting. They were judging the fish like this as well. Pretty poor light setup for judging.