Sign in to follow this  
Captain Findus Goldfish

Frozen Tubifex - Bad Idea?

So a few weeks ago I got this frozen 'variety pack' full of awesome things. There is even this really cool looking algae which the fish LOVE!

ANYWAYS, there is a tray of frozen tubifex. I read around a bit and they seem to be great for protein (Chunky Monkey would love some). But I also read that they are basically grown in POOP and that simple freezing won't rid them of parasites. How do I find out if mine are safe? I am a little worried to feed them now.

Poop? I thought they were cultivated in water. I have some in my freezer but stopped using it for some reason. I think it was too messy lol

I am thinking of throwing them!

I called my friend from another LFS and he said it is best not to use them. They are cultivated on poop from other fish it seems. You can only feed them if they have been sterilized before freezing. And this company doesn't say anything about that. :s

which company is your product from? send them an e mail and find out how the tubi were prepared.

edit, never mind i have yhour link to petra and i ask them about it.

Edited by mikroll