Sign in to follow this  
Golden fishy

Foods For Growing Your Fishes Wen?

Are there any foods that will help grow your goldfishes wen that are easy to get?

Frozen Bloodworms. :) Anything with high protein in it will be good.

Yes, everything that has a high amount of protein, such as frozen blood worms, cooked egg white, cooked/boiled fish fillet or shrimp.

And of course it also depends on the fish's genes.

When you say cooked egg white do you mean like fried or like boiled.

boiled. Never fry anything that you feed your fish. Only boil it in water without salt or anything, or steam it. Or microwave it with a little bit of water. But never ever fry it.

I usually just boil an egg for myself or for making egg salad etc, and then feed small fuzzies of egg white to the fish. I just scrape it off with my (clean, of course, and no soap residue) finger nails and feed them small junks :) They LOVE that stuff.

Oh? I never thought to feed my fish pieces of egg white. I must try

Careful with egg white, it can sour your water quickly. I use Frozen bloodworms, saki-hikari/ kikari lionhead mixed, blackworms, and sometimes homemade gel food.

Well of course you got to feed it in moderation and not just toss a bunch in there, hoping the fish will eat it :)

Never had it sour my water (yet).

definitely frozen foods like bloodworms, krill, etc. Feed in small quantities many times a day.

Is there anything that i can do with the egg yolk for the fish?

Foods (pellets, flakes ect.)that are formulated to have extra protein, do those work? I have the omega one that says enhanced protein and natural protein formula.

Edited by Golden fishy

Foods (pellets, flakes ect.)that are formulated to have extra protein, do those work? I have the omega one that says enhanced protein and natural protein formula.

Omega one pellets have a decent amount of protein content, but nowhere near that of bloodworms etc.

Do the blood worms have to be frozen because my blood worms are freeze dried.

The frozen are better. The freeze dried ones can cause constipation and floaty problems.

Well for now my freeze dried ones don't give floaty problems for now, but if you press them to the side of the glass that some times gets it to sink. But can you do any thing with egg yolks?

I feed Hikari Lionhead in the spring, summer and early Fall. All year round I supplement with Hikari frozen bloodworms. If you feed freeze dried foods soak them in water first or you could soak them in a additive like H2O Life GVH Fish Food Soak or another.