Sign in to follow this  
br553

Is This A Safe Kind Of Bloodworm?

The other day I was at a big box chain LFS and noticed an item in the reptile care area. It was Tetra Reptotreat says is bloodworm delica in a nutritious gel. Does anyone know if this would be safe to feed to my goldies as an occasional treat? I've thought about maybe making some gel food, and would like to try this product, to find out if my guys would even take gel food.

I wouldn't use it if it was for the reptiles. The frozen bloodworms for the fish should work great though in your own homemade gel food with just regular gelatin.

ok good to know. I will stay away from those and maybe experiment with some homemade gel food.

I wouldn't use it if it was for the reptiles. The frozen bloodworms for the fish should work great though in your own homemade gel food with just regular gelatin.

Are dried bloodworms okay? Like these - http://www.mmm.com/product/3315/Tetra-Blood-Worms-Freeze-Dried-Treat.aspx

I also give these - http://www.mmm.com/product/3397/Tetra-Baby-Shrimp-Sun-Dried-Treat.aspx

Sorry, this thread made me curious. Thanks!

The links aren't working, probably because the name of the company is not allowed on Koko's.

Don't know what company or store that is referring too, but I right clicked the links, viewed the properties, and one is for Tetra brand freeze dried bloodworms, the other is for Tetra Sun dried baby shrimp. I've tried the blood worms on many occasions and the fish love them, no ill effects. I tried the baby shrimp, but my goldies did not seem very interested. They are safe, since they are made for fish to eat.

Don't know what company or store that is referring too, but I right clicked the links, viewed the properties, and one is for Tetra brand freeze dried bloodworms, the other is for Tetra Sun dried baby shrimp. I've tried the blood worms on many occasions and the fish love them, no ill effects. I tried the baby shrimp, but my goldies did not seem very interested. They are safe, since they are made for fish to eat.

The only problem with freeze dried is they really don't have the best nutritional value, frozen is always best. Feel free to add the freeze dried to your gel food though.

I definately understand. When the goldies do get bloodworm, it's just as an occasional treat in addition to their regular diet.

The only problem with freeze dried is they really don't have the best nutritional value, frozen is always best. Feel free to add the freeze dried to your gel food though.

Ah okay, thanks!

freeze dried ones could also make them floaty. best add it to the gel.

frozen ones can be a treat/staple diet. As long as they are a component of a 'bigger picture' of veggies etc.

make sure to always freed them unfrozen and at room temperature to avoid any digestive issues.