Well, Crap

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this before... twice... three times.... :hide:

What do you do when you drop something behind your fish tank and can't reach it?!?! :doh11: There's probably 3 bags of food back there by now... an algae scrapper... a turkey baster... :ignore

I just dropped yet another bag of food behind my tank while cleaning it. I know a lot of people have metal stands so it doesn't matter, but everyone with solid stands... have any inventive ways of getting stuff out? :wall:hmm

I'll be moving out in a couple weeks so I'll be able to get everything then, but I wanted to hear everyone's stories of dropping and losing stuff. :icecream:clapping:

Get something long and try to pull it out? If you can access it from the sides. If not, then... just make sure you won't get an ant infestation from the fish food laying on the floor back there LOL

Well, all of the stands I have allow me to get back behind them, but I've dropped things behind dressers before, and if I can't reach anything, I'll get the broom and push/pull it out from behind the space. :rofl

-runs around looking for a broom-

CHING!!!

-10 minutes later after beating and dragging and cursing at darkness and dust-

GOT IT!!! Got the bag I dropped today. :rofl:rofl:rofl

My only issue is when I drop something into my 150 gal synodontis tank...I have to get a stool and then reach in getting my arm all wet..

I can reach under and behind all of my aquariums/

Reaching into my 50g tall is hard, too. I have to kneel on a tall kitchen chair and practically go snorkeling to get to anything on the bottom. :rofl So I feel your pain, Au-Fish. :heart

Guest scarpearl

:goodpost

The old timber floors in my place tend to slope away towards the walls so my tank is pulled out some inches from the wall to keep it level - also enough room to get in behind it for cleaning and picking up the inevitable dropped items.

I love it!

I have a clear metal stand...but the thing I'm afraid to go back there. The dust bunnies have had a strong hold in that area for some time now. I hear they are a vicious lot...so I steer clear! rabbit.gif

...that and I'm afraid my rather large back end will knock the entire thing over if I try and scoot under there! de0321e2.gif

mosking.gif

lol! Funny thread.

I actually have put a sheet of heavy plastic behind the tank draped so it catches anything that might fall. That didn't stop 2 of my 4 test tube caps from rolling under the tank, tho'! :)

Ahahaha, I hear ya Lola Granola. My tank downstairs is on a metal stand on shims and I'm terrified I'm going to knock it off. :ignore

Ooh, smart mjbubbles!! Ahaha, I've lost my test tube cap back there too!!! :rofl

Edited by Rai

Well I don't have this problem since my tank is build into the wall and there is a room behind the tank itself but this was a funny thread! :lol1 Losing those caps has got to be the biggest PITA.

I have a ridiulously long pair of kitchen tongs that I hate to cook with but they are great for getting things that are out of my reach. Whether they be too high (like the towels my super tall hubby puts on top of the cupboards in the laundry room) or behind something.