Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Naked Juice

Our store carries the Naked brand of fruit/vegetables juices in the produce department. Today I looked closer at them and found one that sounds like it would make pretty cool get treats for the fish. Since it is fruit juice based I am aware that they are high in sugar, that's why it's only an occasional treat. But I really liked the list of ingredients, especially since it contains no artificial flavors etc.

The one I bought is the "Green Machine" which contains:

Apple Juice

Mango Puree

Pineapple Juice

Banana Puree

Kiwi Puree

Spirulina

Natural Flavors

Chlorella (I actually had to look that one up: "Chlorella is a genus of single-celled green algae, belonging to the phylum Chlorophyta"

Broccoli

Spinach

Barley Grass

Wheat Grass

Parsley

Ginger Root

Blue Green Algae

Odorless Garlic

DV for people (of course) of the entire bottle

Calories 280

Sodium 2%

Potassium 22%

Sugars 56g

Protein 4g

Vitamin A 100%

Vitamin C 80%

Calcium 4%

Iron 8%

Thiamin 4%

Riboflavin 20%

B6 30%

B12 50%

Magnesium 12%

The smell of this stuff really messes with my head. One minute it smells really good to me, you can really smell the kiwi and mango, the next minute it seems to smell like sweet, fouling soil LOL (I think that's the veggie part in it).

Anyway, I just made a batch of gel food out of it (one 15.2 fl.oz. bottle of juice + 2 packets gelatin). It's chilling right now, later I'll let you all know how the fish liked it.

:o Now that would be one of the only fish foods I'd consider trying. I've drank the naked juices and they are REALLY good. :heart I especially like the mango one. :)

I'm sure the green machine tastes fine, but I've never had it. Just make sure you don't get the fiber ones. I got one once on accident and it tasted like chalk! :blink:

I'm half tempted to get some naked just to try it in jello form, now that you got the bright idea! :rofl

:o Now that would be one of the only fish foods I'd consider trying. I've drank the naked juices and they are REALLY good. :heart I especially like the mango one. :)

I'm sure the green machine tastes fine, but I've never had it. Just make sure you don't get the fiber ones. I got one once on accident and it tasted like chalk! :blink:

I'm half tempted to get some naked just to try it in jello form, now that you got the bright idea! :rofl

But you DO know that I am talking about goldfish treats, right? LOL

Great idea, Miss Fang! I've seen very good reviews on Naked juice and the ingredients should help make an awesome gel food! Good thinking! :thumb:

Besides anything that has the word naked in the title gets my immediate attention. Just sayin..... :ehh

Besides anything that has the word naked in the title gets my immediate attention. Just sayin..... :ehh

Now there's a shocker for ya. LOL

Just gave it to the fish, and they LOVE it. Plus, it is the FIRST gelfood I ever made that is NOT dissolving. It smells really good now, chilled. Sweet, like apple, kiwi and pineapple. So now they'll get this once or twice a week for extra vitamins :3

:rofl I know it's supposed to be for the goldies!

...but the juice itself tastes good, so maybe it'd make a good desert for humans, though! :feedme

The green one is one of my favorites. It is one my standard on the road for work breakfasts. What a great idea!

I used to use those to supplement my pet collection including Sugar Gliders, rodents, Day Geckos, and Tegus. I like them because they offered a natural varied diet in one liquid. It sounds like a great idea to use them as a fish food. I think I will have to try it. The only down side is they are high in natural sugars.

I know, that's why I feed it only once a week for the vitamin boost. :)

OOOOH!!!!! GOOD IDEA!!! -runs off-

lol, jk. Sounds yummy. :D

That IS a good idea,Fang!clapping.gifIt sounds like it would not be as messy as orange? I'm glad it solidified-whenever I've added kiwi to my gel,it WILL NOT set,then I read where it does indeed prevent gelingoops.gif

Yes, Susan, it actually settled really well. BUT if you leave it sit out at room temperature, it will melt. I had that happen to me yesterday, I took a frozen cube and set it on a small plate to have it slightly defrost, and forgot about it. Went to work, came home, there is green slime all over the plate :rofl

So last night I tossed an entirely frozen cube into the tank and everything worked out perfectly fine.