Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Some Of My Fry Are Like Godzilla's

Ok some of my fry, at least 3 are huge. And one is really really big. He is so big, I'll bet that he could almost eat my smallest fry. He is crazy huge! Well huge compared to the other fry, not huge compared to a petstore fish :lol

And then some of my fry are medium and a few are really tiny!! Why is this? are the little ones runts?

What should I do? I don't think the big ones will eat the little ones, because they have food in there nonstop *knocks on wood*

Jessica

Guest OzzMosiz

Jessica, I have the same thing. 11 fry, 4 huge, 3 runts the rest normal.

I have seperated the runts from the larger fry - larger fry will eat the runts if they can fit them in their mouths!!

Guest Rudolf

I also have the the same thing. Because I have no spare tanks I have been unable to separate the real tiny fry from the larger ones, however I have had no problems with the larger fry eating the small ones. The small ones seem to cohabit okay with their bigger brothers and sisters, but spend a lot of time close to any aquarium plants. (Just in case?) Also I guess I have a tendency to overfeed so the larger ones are not all that hungry.

the bigger ones are probably just better a running around and swiping all the food! :lol:

They have food in there all day long though, I make sure they have access to food pretty much from 10 am till 11pm. Which means a lot of syphoning <_<

Maybe the little ones just aren't as hungry. Or maybe they have a different dad, I am not really sure :lol heeheehee.

They are going on a feeding schedule as of tomorrow though, I am sick of cleaning the tank so much. If I syphoned about 20 minute to half hour after feeding and only fed 3-5 times a day, that would cut down cleaning time drastically.

Jessica

ive got a good way to deal with the godzillas

i have two batch of fry

when my godzilla in my first batch got to big i added them to my pond

this gave me enough room to fit the godzillas from my second batch

a bit confusing but a good way to deal with fry that outgrow their siblings :rofl