Sign in to follow this  
Rebecca Hampshire

Freeze Dried Blood Worms.

Today I recieved my package of Prime and Gold Buffer from an online shop in the UK. They didn't have them in stock when I ordered them, so I waited until the shop got a new shipment. Well because I had to wait nearly two weeks for them to come back in stock, they sent me some freeze dried blood worms for FREE!!!!!! :D:D:D

I have never fed my fish this before and I would like to know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance! :D

Me personally would mix it in with gel food :)

Me personally would mix it in with gel food :)

That sounds like a good idea to help keep the goldies from gulping too much air. I will have to try it next time I get bloodworms.

I as well think that adding the freeze-dried BW to gel food would be best as you won't have to worry about surface gulping, unless there's a way for you to soak them long enough for them to sink; but I don't know if that's possible. Personally though, I much prefer frozen BW ;)

Yep Yep frozen bloodworms all the way for me!

:D Thanks Koko and br553, do freeze dried blood worms float? (:aint:) In that case they will go in to the next batch of gel! YUMMY!!! :feedme

Vanille got extremely floating from eating it. And I don't even think it was from the surface gulping because she does that for no reason all the time. But she had such severe issues that I tossed the freeze dried blood worms the next day and never bought them again.

:o Oh no Fang! Poor Vanille, did it have long lasting effects, hope she got better when you tossed the blood worms!

No, after she pooped it all out she was fine again. But she was so bad, she had zero control over her swimming and ended up with her belly sticking out of the water.

Certain foods do that to her. All the processed food I ever used (Omega One and Hikari pellets, algaei chips, shrimp pellets, freeze dried blood worms) and broccoli. She gets floaty easier than any of the other fish, so it effected her and none of the others.

Mmmmmm :undecided: I might give it a go and see how they do on it. Too bad I have a freezer full of yummy gel food at the moment. don't need to make any just yet. Wonder if the blood worms will save for a while, they are in an unopened air tight bag.

They should be fine for awhile. Would you happen to have a betta? They love 'em.

Yeah, since they are freeze dried they will last for quite a while. No worries there!

yep Betta's do love them too ;) and as long as you give them a soak or add them to your gel food you should be fine with your goldfish too :)

:ehh Well you know what that means then! (Time to buy 10!)

I have the freeze dried kind; I just hold a clump a couple of inches below the surface, so they don't have to come right to the top, and they hand feed :)

I just wanted to add that the freeze dried bloodworms made my female bettas so constipated and bloated that they all passed one right after the other :( I didn't dare try it with my males after that.