Keeping Red Cherry Shrimp With Goldfish?

Iseul

Is it possible to keep adult red cherry shrimp with relatively small goldfish (less than 3 inches)? Or will the goldfish kill them?

:exactly But I do keep amano shrimp in all of my goldy tanks with no problems what so ever. Amano shrimp are much larger than cherry shrimps. I know some people have had goldies snack on the amano shrimp too so I guess it also depends on the goldies personalities. Mine are all very easy going and they obviously prefer snacking on the ramshorn snails I keep in their tanks. :D

If you want to give it a try, I would start with ghost/grass shrimp and see how it works. Since they are much cheaper (I bought 4 for $1 for my little brother's tank yesterday) you won't lose as much money on them as you would a red cherry shrimp if the goldfish did decide to eat them. If you don't already, put some caves in the tank for the shrimp to hide in when they molt or simply as a place to hide.

• 2 weeks later...

I have lots of ghost shrimp in my show tank. They're even reproducing, but most of the little ones get eaten pretty quickly. I like having them and the snails to eat the algae and left over fish food.

• 1 month later...

i have bazillions of cherry shrimp in the tank with my very big fish. the shrimp hide in the plants and ornaments, and they reproduce a lot.