Pear Has Problems..

Vee

make sure you shake it well. and add lots of aeration. I had a fish totally freak out with it.

Prazi on the whole tank is a great idea! Those flukes are nasty buggers!

I agree with Federica, the first thing I thought was flukes. Flukes can cause fraying fins. If I were you, I would treat Pear for flukes separately in his QT tank, because I think you should start the prazi for him asap. And there could be negative consequences if you rush his QT just so you can save a little bit of prazi by treating them all together.

I feel your pain though. I'm currently treating FOUR separate tanks with prazi! :rofl It would be easier and cheaper if the fish were all in one tank, but it's not worth the risk, trust me.

I added the Melafix before I left this morning and pear's doing fine. He's got an airstone in the 20g, and is swimming around like nothing was ever up. (I think he's happy to have plants again)

I'll see if I can get the Prazi today. The fish store is just down the road from my college, but it all depends on traffic. (I get out of class JUST before rush hour, and if I don't move it I'm stuck.)

Should I treat my betta for flukes then, too? :unsure:

I don't mind treating in separate tanks, just wanted to make sure I knock the flukes out of the ballpark with one swipe, but it'll be okay. :) If I can't go to the lfs today it'll have to wait until sometime Friday/Saturday when I can get to the pet store. (Though I'd like to avoid going in there, the last two times I went I got a fish! :rofl )

The betta should be fine untreated. They're normally sold in individual cups, so it's much less likely they'll come with parasites.

Remember that you'll have to dose prazi multiple times to get all of the flukes, because it won't kill the eggs. Prazi is active in the water for about three days, so I normally dose it every five days. The first dose goes in and is active for three days. Then it wears off and there's no prazi in the water for two days. Then I do a big water change and redose prazi. I do 3-4 doses.

:rofl Just stay away from the fish tanks! Don't even look!

Well I went to the LFS in an attempt to get Prazipro and they were out, so I was stuck in traffic for over an hour. :thud

So the treatment will have to wait until Friday anyway (they're getting a new shipment or I can't go to the pet store until Friday/Saturday, so I'll probably just go to the pet store (providing they have it)

It's pretty impossible not to look at the fish in that petstore! :rofl the tanks are on the same row as the food/medicine, so if you're only going in for some prime (when I got Pear) or some food (I got Albus the Betta). Any more and I'll have to convert the bathtub into a tank and I'm sure the family will miss their showers!