Sign in to follow this  
Iseul

Omega One Small Sinking Pellets

I got this kind of food recently (bought it online from an American source), and it seems to be the most ideal type of goldfish food I have acquired so far. The food is very nutritious, and also the size of the pellets is very small - which is good since my goldfish are still quite small, also the pellets generally sink quite well so the fish don't eat air bubbles on the surface of the water.

I only wish I got this food sooner - I would have wasted less money on other kinds of foods. This is not to say the other types of foods aren't good, but they are all less than ideal in some ways. Tetra Gold Exotic consists of nice small pellets too (though a bit larger than the Omega One small-size pellets), but they don't sink. Tetra Gold Japan has sinking food, but they are mini-sticks, not pellets, and these are larger than pellets. (Perhaps I can use this food when the goldfish have grown larger) I also have two different types of flake food (one was given to me for free), but flake foods are messy. I could have saved 10 pounds on food if I went for Omega One straight away. :( (Though on the other hand, sometimes mixing food a bit for goldfish to produce more variety may be a good thing too)

I also occasionally feed them gel food (Tetra Fresh Delica), live food (brine shrimp) and green peas. But Omega One is now their "staple diet".

Anyone else here also use Omega One? What do you think about it?

I use Omega One as part of the pellet mix I give my goldies and I am quite pleased with it. Since it has whole fish, squid, shrimp, etc. as opposed to left over bits (fish meal) it has to be better for the goldies IMO. Since I can not get Hikari goldfish pellets in my area, it is the next best thing.

I use gel food only now (well & peas, broccoli) for the goldfish. But I feed Omega One betta pellets to my betta. He loves them, and from the ingredients list, it is a very good quality food. I'm guessing the goldfish pellets are same quality. Good food!

Edit: to correct pellet brand name.

I take it Ocean One and Omega One are made by the same people?

I take it Ocean One and Omega One are made by the same people?

Oops..I meant Omega One betta pellets. :P

Yep, they are.

I use the Omega One large pellets as part of my telescopes' diet. I recommend them to everyone. Been using them for 2 years now with never any problems. Good choice! :thumb:

I feed my fish these along with flakes. They are healthy and growing :) The only thing I don't like about pellets in general is that it's harder for all fish to get equal amounts compared to flakes.

I just started the Omega One goldfish small pellets and love them! I also have a small goldfish, and he has no problem eating them whatsoever. They sink wonderfully and seem to use much more natural ingredients than other fish food. I also bought Omega One small kelp pellets (which are floating, but I'll soak them) and Omega One shrinking shrimp pellets which I still have to try, but overall, I am very happy with my experiences using Omega One so far :D

Actually my last shipment also consisted of two types of Omega One tropical flakes and also the shrimp pellets. Haven't tried the shrimp pellets yet for my GF but the tropicals are really going after the flake food. Good stuff!

I used to feed them the Omega One pellets, and I think they are great food for them! :)

I have fed the goldfish Omega One pellets for years as their staple. I also think it is great food.

I also feed Omega One. I soak 'em in a small cup of tank water for a few minutes, until they've lightened in color and expanded a bit.

Suzy and Olivia love them! They are very beautiful and healthy, IMO! :heart

I would just like to add that I have fed my GF the Omega One shrimp pellets and he LOVES them! He loves the Omega One goldfish pellets, but he really loves the shrimp pellets. As soon as I put them in the water (I handfeed him), he darts right after them :)

I feed Omega One to my fish. :) There is such a difference between the small and the medium size, though! Just recently Pear has gotten big enough to eat them (so I moved him/her into the bigboy tank) and it's funny to see him suck in a pellet that's the size of his whole mouth while the larger fish will suck in two to three at a time! :rofl

How much Omega One do you think I should feed to my fish?

I have 3 3 inch (approximately) common goldfish. (I don't know exactly how old they are, but I think they are probably between 1 and 1 and half years old) At the moment I feed them twice a day, each time with 10 - 12 small-size Omega One pellets (very small ones). Is this ok?

The fish always finish eating the pellets pretty quickly.

Edited by Iseul

Hey guys, has anyone else's pet store recently pulled this product? I've been to the pet store and the fancy fish store and they are no longer selling Omega One due to complaints about "misprinted nutritional information" and "white worms" from feeding the food.

I am super sad, because Hikari foods are ridiculously priced for such small bags in my opinion and I can no longer find a comparatively well made food for such a decent price. :(

Hey guys, has anyone else's pet store recently pulled this product? I've been to the pet store and the fancy fish store and they are no longer selling Omega One due to complaints about "misprinted nutritional information" and "white worms" from feeding the food.

I am super sad, because Hikari foods are ridiculously priced for such small bags in my opinion and I can no longer find a comparatively well made food for such a decent price. :(

Really? I have not noticed that at my LFS yet.

But that is EWWWWWW.

I am assuming this "white worm" rumor is untrue, because I've heard this girl tell me wrong information on goldfish before, though at least she didn't advocate bowls for them, at least from my knowledge. (Though she DID suggest something ridiculous like 3g per goldfish.)

My petsmart still sells them and the medium. My petco has just the small. My fish didn't care for it though.

That's very interesting because my Petsmarts have stickers on the tanks saying that they feed Omega One. I didn't see anyone talking about it online.

I use Omega One.

Anyone have any opinions of omega one compared to hikari lion head? And the differences in protein content?