Brand New Beautiful Beta

Vee

I went to the lfs to pick up fish food and couldn't help but look at the fish.. Always have to look at the fish. :rolleyes:

On the shelf were three betas in separate bowls, sulking at the lack of space.. And right below them a sign, saying they were half price totaling only $3.00

I couldn't pass it up when I saw this all white cutie:

IMAG0190.jpg

I could have bought the bowl it was stuck in, too..

But I knew I had an extra 5g at home. :)

IMAG0192.jpg

No names, so far.. I was thinking pearl, but it's very close to Pear, who I just got in the same week from the same store..

I really need to stop going in there. :rofl If this keeps up I'll end up with a new fish each time I go in!

Lol Fang, any fish looks good in one of YOUR tanks. :P

Thanks Ashlee and Kukana :heart:) I've never seen an all white betta before. :o

I'm thinking about putting up a black background, or something bright and neon pink/yellow if I can get black gravel/rocks. What's in there now is more of a comfort thing for it, so it has places to hide.

Fang, is it a he, by the way? My mom's had bettas before, but she says it might be a girl. :o I personally have no clue either way, I'm just curious. :)

Edited by Vee

:) Thanks guys. :heart

I've never realized bettas were so pretty, I thought they were rather boring until I got this guy. He can really go at the food sometimes! :rofl

They are definitely not boring. Mine were so curious.

Try to put a small mirror up against tank for a brief period of time and watch what he does. Don't leave it there for a long time, though.

I also heard they will play with ping pong balls, but I could never get mine to acknowledge them.

I really love the white.

I keep seeing beautiful bettas like yours and it makes me want one too!! Congrats.gif so beautiful!

I am that way with all of the gorgeous fish I see! Self-restraint can be so hard! :rofl

A boy indeed Vee :D

And a cute little Cello (Cellophane) at that! Is he a DT? Because I think I see a double-lobed caudal... :o

A boy indeed Vee :D

And a cute little Cello (Cellophane) at that! Is he a DT? Because I think I see a double-lobed caudal... :o

You've lost me! :rofl

I know he's a betta from the pet store, that's about it. I'm a little confused about the fins, as they look kind of.. different from goldies, they're wrapped all around, rather than like a regular "fish."

What does DT mean? :o

Cellophane refers to his color, right? :) That's interesting.

Sorry! :rofl

Back in the day I was a real "Betta freak" when I had my crew of boys and girls. :rolleyes:

Yeah - Cello, short for Cellophane, refers to his color type; and DT means Double Tail. He sure looks to be a Double Tail... :D

Ooh. So DT as in.. what kind of looks like what the goldies have? two "sections" of tail near their posterior end? He's got one fin on top, one small section of fin toward the back, on the very end he has one that seems to wrap around, but I can't see too well right now as he's sleeping. :D

Ooh. So DT as in.. what kind of looks like what the goldies have? two "sections" of tail near their posterior end? He's got one fin on top, one small section of fin toward the back, on the very end he has one that seems to wrap around, but I can't see too well right now as he's sleeping. :D

In a way, yes ;)

Characteristics common of a Double Tail Betta would be a compact (short and tall, if you will) body, and a double-lobed caudal. In this picture you can see these DT traits clearly as this is a breeding/show quality DT bred by Jim Sonnier. 'Looks like a Cello but is technically dubbed a "Powder Blue"... :rolleyes:

imagesCA0JR79J.jpg

On top is the enlongated dorsal fin, below the extended anal fin, and at the rear a clearly split caudal; trademark of the DT Bettas.

Hope this helped! :D

Alright, people should stop posting pics/vids of their gorgeous bettas, because it got to me!!! LOL

I went out and got two more bettas today, so now I have three. I'm in the middle of renovations, so will post pics soon.

:Congrats: Vee on the beautiful betta!

:D thanks so much, guys. <3 I still need to find a name for him..

Also, congratulations, Dnalex. :)

Oh, it doesn't look anything like that! It must be the picture I took :rofl

I think if I called it Pearl I would feel bad for Pear, my new pearl scale. :P

I've looked for some names meaning white and so far I like

Albus

Arwyn

I can't seem to find anymore. :o I must really like the letter A right now. :rofl