Sign in to follow this  
Iseul

Liquifry No 3

I've got about 50 18 days old goldfish fry. So far I've only been feeding them Interpet liquifry no. 1, at first only twice per day maximum, but now as much as 4 times a day since they eat more now.

I've just got a pack of liquifry no. 3, when should I start feeding it to my fry? The product itself doesn't say. Does anyone know?

I've also ordered some brine shrimp eggs, but they haven't arrived yet.

I have never used those things for my goldfish fry. I would say just add a few drops and see how the fry does? Or mix it 50/50 with the other kind so the fish can get used to it? :)

Actually I think although liquifry no. 1 is liquid food, liquifry no. 3 is for larger fry and it's actually mini-solid food.

Interpet is an UK-based brand, which is probably why you've never heard of it. :)

Edited by Iseul

I guess so. :)

How mini is it? Like powder? I wonder if it is similar to Hikari First Bites, which is a really fine powder. I am quite convinced that your fry should be able to eat the Liquifry 3 though. I have seen on mine, their mouths are huge compared to the rest of their body, and I am not worried about their belly not being able to digest ANYTHING edible :rofl

Anyway, I googled Liquifry 3 and from what I can tell, you should definitely be able to feed it to your fry. In fact, you might soon have to switch to something larger. I never used liquid food for my fry. I started out with frozen baby brine shrimp right away, mixed in with Hikari First Bites. After 3 weeks I started crushing hikari pellets. Not even super fine, they were just little crumbles, and the fish ate them. In fact, I dropped a whole pellet in the tank multiple times, and the fish ate it. The pellet got mushy from the water, and the fry took bites off it.

Well I've just been feeding liquid food for the fry so far, at least twice daily, but as much as four times. It's good quality and nutritious food AFAIK, so the fry are definitely not starving, but I think perhaps my fry are a bit small for their age due to the food they eat. It's partly why I've recently ordered liquifry no.3 and brine shrimp eggs online. The shrimp eggs haven't arrived yet, but liquifry 3 has. I think I will start trying liquifry 3 soon.

Try to feed them more often. They say feeding fry every 4 hours is the best. I know this doesn't really work out that well if you have a job. But I fed them as often as I could. They had their biggest growth spurt when they became big enough to eat the crushed pellets, cut up blood worms, gel food etc. That was at about... 4 or 5 weeks of age. :)

The brine shrimp eggs have just arrived, 1 million shrimp eggs suspended in a nutrition solution, and I'm hatching about 10,000 eggs right now. :)

The package says I can also feed the eggs directly to the fry, but I must not feed the nutrition solution they are put in to the fry, so I'd have to rinse the eggs first. I don't see an easy way to do such a thing, given how tiny the eggs are.

Edited by Iseul

The brine shrimp eggs have just arrived, 1 million shrimp eggs suspended in a nutrition solution, and I'm hatching about 10,000 eggs right now. :)

The package says I can also feed the eggs directly to the fry, but I must not feed the nutrition solution they are put in to the fry, so I'd have to rinse the eggs first. I don't see an easy way to do such a thing, given how tiny the eggs are.

you filter the eggs then, even can make a filter out of pant hose if you can not find one.

at 18 day they should be on brine shrimp(many feedings daily) and just getting ready to eat chopped blood worm , also can be fed stream egg carefully.

Edited by mikroll