My First Pearl Scale

Vee

Oh.. :( I hope mine does well in the 55g with the others, it's a tall tank, though.. I think it might be about 2ft tall as well.. I've never had a fish have swim bladder issues.. Hopefully the sinking pellets and peas will help with that?

I think the fact that it is a crown pearlscale will help a lot :)

I think Pear is a fantastic name! I smiled when I saw this topic.

Related question: Would goldfish eat pear??? :rofl

:) Goldies will eat anything small enough to fit into their mouths. Chopped pieces of pear and the new goldie would probably BOTH qualify. :lol

Oh.. :( I hope mine does well in the 55g with the others, it's a tall tank, though.. I think it might be about 2ft tall as well.. I've never had a fish have swim bladder issues.. Hopefully the sinking pellets and peas will help with that?

I think the fact that it is a crown pearlscale will help a lot :)

:D That's great news. The only one I have to worry about floaty issues now is possibly my biggest male goldy, Oren. He is such a pig that he can't wait for the sinking pellets to sink and he's been sucking a lot of air lately, so now he's swimming around the top of the tank. I think I'll fast them for a day and feed them peas as their next meal, even for Pear. :)

Thank you Shell. :):heart

Pear's survived the first fast day and will try peas for the first time today! :D

Haha. :) I'm sure you could find pearl scales in your local pet store, (not to be an enabler, ;) ) :heart

As for Pear's siblings, the tanks are not quarantined off inside the store and a sign is placed up saying they're not for sale this week. I suppose they're treating with something off their shelves, but it's a good thing they seem to care.

Haha you really want more? Much hasn't changed about Pear, (s)he's swimming around like a nut, digging in the pebbles, eating pretty well. :)

I took some pictures to show you, and even a video, but I can't seem to get them to send to the computer. :( I'll work on it tomorrow with the wire...

Here are some new photos of Pearbear. :)

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0194-1.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

And a video! :D

th_VIDEO0013.jpg

Edit---

Lol Pear makes my hand look fat. :rofl

Edited by Vee

Haha. :) I'm sure you could find pearl scales in your local pet store, (not to be an enabler, ;) ) :heart

Oh, I've got my eye on one! :rolleyes: Enable away!

I'm scared to put him in the tank with the big fish! :rofl

One of the bigger goldy's bodies is as big as my palm, while Pear is barely thicker and longer than my pinky, that's with his tail included! :lol