My Little Tigger

I got him from the markets in this 1 gallon thing and a container of unknown fish food.

2qi8eh1.jpg

I googled "goldfish care" which led me here, the next day I got this 3 gallon with a little filter and airstone.

30rp9ty.jpg

3-4 weeks later and I've managed to get this 21 gallon (80 litres), a filter that does 1000 litres per hour, water testing kit, Hikari pellets and various other fishy things. He/she looks like they are having fun in there, he/she zips around alot :P I already have many other things I plan to get now and hopefully in time a bigger tank so he/she can have a friend.

2z9ekvq.jpg

He looks quite happy in there. He's a litle bit of a thing, isn't he! You'll have fiun watching him grow--and how great that you researched before there were issues (unlike me--I came to Koko's when I was in trouble). He's a lucky little fish to be in such good hands. :)

I'm sure Tigger will start to fill up the tank in no time! I moved my little Fluffy into his 20 gallon, 5 months ago and he's now almost 4 inches long without tail!

Good luck and congratulations!

mj

Edited by mjbubbles

Thanks everyone! :D I'm so glad I joined.

I'm thinking of adding a plant for him to hang out in, what do you think? also maybe when he's a little bigger I might have to change the gravel just in case he tries to eat it?

The new set up looks great! I had gravel for years with no problem, they would eat it and spit it out. I think that choking on the gravel is more of an issue for fancy goldfish (though I very well may be wrong). I have noticed that Kitty has a very weak mouth and can barely suck a chunk off of a gel food cube, I have to tear off a tiny piece and put it right in her mouth. I now have coarse sand in my tank so that they can still root around in it without the dangers of my fancys choking.

He's so adoreable! And so fun to see the new homes he has had and how happy he must be now thanks to your love and understanding.

Now........watch.........him.........GROWWWWWWWWWWW :D

If fish get use to gravel I think they can manage with it. Just a shallow layer is enough. My fish have learned to spit it out. But its true some fish do gag on it mistakenly. I guess its your call there :)

Awww, he's such a cute little fish in the big tank! I think you should keep the gravel as long as it is kept clean. Adding a live plant is a great idea too! Given that you can keep keep them alive and thriving, they will always improve the water quality. Fish can live without plants, but I think it's like the difference between living in a polluted city and the countryside.

I've been looking at the Goldfish plants, & how to set up a planted tank board and I'm going to see if I can find some easy plants that are suggested in there, I might just start with one or two.

good work :) nice to see another aussie here :heart welcome :)

Awesome! are there many aussies here?

Fish can live without plants, but I think it's like the difference between living in a polluted city and the countryside.

This made me decide that I'll definitely give it a shot.