White Poo :/

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level?0.25

[*]Nitrite Level? 5!?!?! I will do a WC as soon as dad gets in from work!

[*]Nitrate level?0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? (using high range ph test) 8.2

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api master test kit /drops

[*]Water temperature?73F

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?36 gallons/ 140 Litres, three days

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? biobox 2 (650 litres per hour)

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? have not changed any yet, but due to the high nitrite readings, I will do one after I have had my dinner

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much?

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?two, billy my four incher, rolo my two incher

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? api stress coat

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?twice a day, a pinch of hikari oranda gold mini floating pellets (the only goldfish staple that is not junk availabe in my area- I know I shouldnt feed floating foods)

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?no, billy and rolo were introduced at the same time

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?no

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no

Billy had gotten over ich recently ( he had been ichless for a week before I let him in the main tank) and he has now gotten white poop.I fed B + R some tetra fresh delica bloodworm in jelly yesterday and their usual hikari pellets today. I know that white poo is a sign of a bacterial infection, but I was just wondering-seeing as Billy had ich recently, is this normal?

Rolo's poop is fine though. browny sort of colour.

Edited by ilovefantails

• Supporter

are you cycling the filter? and the qt where billy was? was that cycled? it could all be stress from the water params being out and the recent events with ich.. see if you can get the params right, but in the interim, i think the poop is stress related..

If your nitrite is really 5, you will need to do two back to back 90% water changes to get the water down to safe levels. Even with one big water 90% WC, your water will still have 0.5ppm nitrite, and that is still a toxic level.

If your nitrite is really 5, you will need to do two back to back 90% water changes to get the water down to safe levels. Even with one big water 90% WC, your water will still have 0.5ppm nitrite, and that is still a toxic level.

what about a 100% if I bag up B and R?

Also, you have mentioned before that you have been feeding the Oranda Gold floating pellets and that you know you should be feeding the sinking. All you have to do is soak the food in some tank water and they become sinking pellets.

Just an FYI totally unrelated to water parameters. : )

what about a 100% if I bag up B and R?

That theoretically should work, but to be honest, I've always just done it the back to back way because I don't like to move my fish around. Regardless of how you choose to do the water change, remember to make sure to match the new water temp & pH to that of the tank water they've been living in :)