Qting Bn Plecos

So a little while back, around Easter, I got two bn plecos from Pet$mart. One was a little battered so I added some salt to get the tank up to .1%. With my other bn plecos salt at this concentration didn't hurt them. Sadly, both of these plecos passed very quickly.

So now I have 2 more from the same source and have had them for a week. I want to try salting again in case of parasites. Do you guys think this is a good or bad idea?

They are in a tank with the little comet I took from my friend. I have started prazi on the tank because of the comet.

Well I guess I am only freaked out about putting them in without salting is because of the place that I bought them from. My other plecos came from a breeder here in GA. They will be in qt for another 3 weeks though.

well the breeder here in GA doesn't have any anymore because she couldn't sell them all. And I really don't want to pay 35 shipping for a couple that might not even make it through qt :(

OH Goodness, I have salted my Goldie tank & never gave a thought to the BNs being in there. Thankfully they are ok!

Not bristlenose, but I salted my goldi tank before with the common pleco in it, when Vanille had herself stuck under the driftwood and scraped her sides up pretty good.

I didn't know about pleco's being more sensitive to salt, and salted to 0.2%, didn't have a problem. I guess I was just lucky though.