Interpet Aquarium Products

Interpet is a major UK-based aquarium products provider, they have a whole range of products that deal with various issues and diseases freshwater fish may face, such as dechlorinator, algae remover chemicals, and medications to treat numerous specific illness such as fungi infection, internal bacterial infection, fin rot etc.

Is anyone here from the UK or living in the UK? How good do you think these Interpet aquarium products are? Are their medications generally effective and relatively harmless? Would you recommend buying their products for serious use?

Thanks.

I use their equipment - my filters, sponges, airpumps etc are old but I'm pretty sure they are from Interpet. nothing wrong with thier products, been working perfectly well for 6 years now!

I haven't used much from their chemical range although it is such a common brand in UK pet shops that if I ever needed ick treatment I'd probably buy their one.

Edited by katmad

I've used their filters and such and have good experience with them. Although, their range of meds and such I'm not sure I'd trust as much. I guess if you know what you're doing some of them might work, but I've got an awful lot of experience in the past of having a sick fish and being sold this bottle in a box which tends to just make the situation worse.. plus I don't think they list the ingredients so I'd be wary :)

Well what I often do is to use their medication at a dosage level lower than the one they recommend, especially if the condition is not so serious, just to be on the safe side. It's just that Interpet is the most commonly available product range in the UK. Even the smallest pet shops have a lot of their stock. It's not so convenient to buy some of the other brands.