It's Here, It's Here, It's Finally Here!

Thanx Imo!

My big show ryukins will be going in there :) They have been in separate 30Gal tubs since august/september!!! So they will be DELIGHTED to be in there I think. I think they miss being with each other. :(

I will take some pics of the media ball things. So far the results of the water have not changed tho. It might take a few more days. The balls look, and feel, exactly like Jello. I emptied half of the box in the overflow and am keeping the rest in the fridge.

The entire set up was custom made for my kids. A good friend of ours gave us the name of a specialized aquarium manufacturer in Germany and they did it all for us. They mostly do huge set ups for aquarium museums, stores etc.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got pics of those bacteria jelly balls!

So the white, largest ones are the ones already dissolving. Then there are mid sized speckled grey ones, and smaller darker grey ones.

DSCN4352.jpg

DSCN4358.jpg

nope! BUT it does say that each holds a different bacteria which dissolves 'when needed'. So I am assuming that the largest transparent ones (which have already lost 50% of their size) are the ones for the ammonia. :idont

It also recommends that 'pond ppl' should add this once a month to their filters.

FANTASTIC, I love the self monitoring. does that come stock with the tank or was that a special device you obtained separately?

so then it hooks up to the water supply in the house to fill after a water change????? (I just peed my bathing suit bottoms- cuz in Florida we pretty much just wear board shorts, proper bathing suits, or sun dresses and flip flops 24/7)

so it will never have a top? in my place if i leave the top off i loose a few inches a day, seriously, what with the air cooling or heater in the house. then i have to refill with distilled water. so i try to never leave my top off.

Also, in the bigger tanks it is not as noticeable. My tank is open for good gas exchange and it looses an inch in a week, which is the same as my 10 gallon betta tank which has a full cover.

FANTASTIC, I love the self monitoring. does that come stock with the tank or was that a special device you obtained separately?

It was all built by them. I guess they have to put the sensors in order for the rest to work automatically and the beepers etc.

Yea the tank drains itself and then I just have to plug a hose to the bottom plug which looks like a garden hose plug and the tank fills itself and stops when filter, tank, and extra tank is full.

thanx Sakura :)

so it will never have a top? in my place if i leave the top off i loose a few inches a day, seriously, what with the air cooling or heater in the house. then i have to refill with distilled water. so i try to never leave my top off.

I actually don't like tops for various reasons: I am literally always sticking my hands in the tank to feed the guys, clean things off etc. So when I have to take tops off, move lights etc, it gets complicated. My 85Gal is only halfway covered also. Then I also prefer not to have the evaporated water fall back in the tank after it has hung out in the cover for a while, I just don't trust that. And I prefer high change of air.

And actually, the company told me they never make closed tanks for some of the same reasons as mine :)

Yes Alex it correct, the tank tops itself off a few times a day to keep the overflow chamber running properly. On an average I have to fill the 80liter reserve tank once a week or 10days.

well it's really awesome, so cool that you are sharing it with us, what a prize to see it like we are there!

It looks amazing! I noticed a huge difference in temp when I got my canopy. I still like the way it looks, but it makes the tank run much hotter. Your setup is preferrable for sure.

I havent had any anubia eating fish so far! So let's hope this luck continues!

Lucky you :yeah:

I keep mine planted to make sure Godzilla doesn't munch on the roots.

But I like the bare rock look so much that I want to test it one of these days