Fish At Bottom Of The Tank!

ok, so i have 3 fancy tail goldfishes, in a 70 gallon tank, i change water regularly and i have tested the water for nitrate and ammonia. lately, one of my goldfishes just lay there at the bottom of the tank, its not upside down or anything, it just looks like its sleeping. it moves when i tap the tanl. it eats normal and swims fine. is it dieing? or is there a possiblity that it is breeding with one of the other fishes? its stomach has always been big so i cant tell.. the one with the white cap is the one that is doing it. the other two are fine. and if u can. can u tell me if there females or males? thanks sooo much!

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level normal

[*]Nitrite Level normal

[*]Nitrate level normal

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops drops and freshwater mater test kit

[*]Water temperature 70- 72

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running 70g and 2 years

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? A-620 AquaClear 110 Power Filter - 110 V

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? every 2 weeks, 25%

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much? 4 days ago, 25%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 in tank, 2 about 3 inches and 1 about 2

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? every other day and regular goldfish flakes

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? no

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? yes staying at the bottom

For the values you listed as normal, could you please give us a numerical value? It's hard to define what exactly normal is.

Also, I noticed that you change your water every 2 weeks. While you are understocked, I still think it's beneficial to do weekly water changes. In your case, a weekly 25-50% water change would be very helpful. It will also help to ensure that nitrates stay low.

Hello there!

The first thing that I would suspect is a water quality issue.

Are you able to get specific numbers instead of normal for the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Normal is too unspecific. Also, are you ablt to test pH?

Water changes of 25% every 2 weeks is not conducive to good water quality. Many of the members here do 50 to 75 percent water changes weekly. I do realize your tank is understocked, however.

Until you are able to provide specific readings for the water, its going to be difficult for anyone to give advice other than to do a large water change.

Also, I see you did not put anything for water conditioner. Do you use anything to remove chlorine and chloramines?

I will not address the feeding other than sinking pellets or soaked pellets will be better for your fish.

Is the 110 filter you refer to the 500 gallons per hour filter? If so you are under the recommended 10X filtration for goldfish.

Oops! Alex and I were typing at the same time!

Also wanted to ask what the ornament is in the tank?