My Baby Is Done!

HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!! :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

I am so excited!!! They are bringing it over wednesday at 11am and then we fill it and test it. (it has been already tested at the factory for the filter etc)

aquarium.jpg

aquarium1.jpg

YEY!

Oh, wow! I'm turning very very green with envy! It's beautiful, Federica! I can't wait to see it filled with your beautiful fish :)

:Congrats: :Congrats: :Congrats: :Congrats:

thanx everyone!!!

@Lola, this is to replace the 200Gal!!! The 'old' one was TERRIBLY done and it CRACKED (empty!). So now we are in a fight with the company (they drilled the holes in the aquarium at the wrong place... ).

This one was made by an aquarium manufacturer in Germany whose name was given to us by a friend. His company only makes a few a year and their filtration systems are AWESOME! (lets just hope it doesn't take me years to figure out how it works!

So this is going to be Grace and Co.'s home (even if she would like to have it all to herself! :rofl )

thanks Sakura! yours and Koko's are in the mail! :rofl

Do you guys like the black glass on the floor and back? I think it looks very clean :) And apparently the floor like this 'soothes' the fish! :lol1

I love the black floor and back wall! Since I didn't think about that when I was putting my 55 together, I had to add substrate, and on your suggestion, I switched to a black background. I think it looks better that way, and I believe the bit about the black floor being more "soothing" to the fish also. That's one of the reasons why I added substrate. I think mine were getting spooked by seeing their reflections everytime they start digging for or go after food.

Fede! I'm sorry about your old 200! What a drag!! Good luck with the company!

Is this the same size? It's going to be so gorgeous with the diva and her crew swimming about! mooiekkleurtjes.gif

I love that emoticon!!!

yea it's the same size pretty much. The main AWESOME thing that this tank has that the other didn't (besides the non cracking factor) is the filtration! I will get pics up once I get it. But basically it's a Sump filter (you can see the overflow box on the left) with a trickle filter system. It also has its own electricity central etc. It is all automatic basically! This is sort of how it is:

Photoon2011-03-27at2107.jpg

There is a way to also rig it up to do automatic water changes!

Yup Gracie will be SO happy! She has been in her 30Gal tub since August! Poor baby!

Holy cow Fede! That's really, really neat! I'd totally want to rig it up to automatically change the water!!! I'm excited for you!