Heater Questions..

Vee

I've gotten all the materials to split my 50g tank into two separate 20gs, but the most important thing (which of course, I forgot) is that I'll need a heater for both of the tanks! :thud

I have a large one that was used in a 55g saltwater aquarium before I purchased it, and it works great for the 50g, but I'm not sure what the brand is or even how much it would cost in a store.

I have $50 to spend on two heaters that will fit my two 20g tanks.. So in other words I need something cheap that works.

I've seen small heaters made by Tetra in w@llyw@rld that say they're made for up to 30g tanks.. Should I get two of those? Anyone have any experience with them?

I have a smaller one (made for a 3-15g tank) and you can't change the temperature and it's advertised to keep the tank at 78'F constantly, though from my experience it keeps it maybe at 70 at the highest.. I thought it might have been just that the tank was advertised for such a wide range of sizes that it wasn't very good?

I just picked up an Aqueon heater recently and I love it. It works really well, is easy to adjust, the numbers are easy to read and the heater's light turns red when its heating and green when its not, so you know that its running and don't have to worry about it suddenly shutting off on you.

Thanks guys. Do either of you know what they cost/ how I should choose what filter I get?

Should I just go by the label on the box or count the watts? If so how many watts do I need for a 20g tank?