Busted

keekeeme

Hello Beautiful fish people!

I have been cycling, and doing lots of water chgs.....and so when my water came up cloudy after being really clear I figured it was a bacterial bloom....whatever. But then it happened again, and once again....total of three times clearing and becoming cloudy again. I was pondering this...when I caught her.

Lilly...my three year old has been feeding my fish! I caught her! She can't turn the light on so I don't think the fish ate too much...but still...I noticed they are pooping alot, but they seem O.K....so now I'm fasting them in case of constipation.

I've already had to hide the cookie jar....Lilly gets up before me and raids the cabinet, she fixed herself cookies for breakfast one day (the little imp cand get anywhere with a chair)...so up and away goes the cookies, suckers and fish food!

How long should I fast? Until they quite pooping?

Keekee :blink:

i dont' think it will really do them much harm... if you caught her in the act then they couldln't have eaten much and (its still probly less then what i feed mine :) ) i feed my fish alot... tring to make them fatt. so i odn't think it will be a problem.but..if you do want to go that route i have hear that you can fast them up to 3 days (they will last a week so i have heard, but i think that could be stress full) then to clear their digestive tracks feed them peas for a day then start them on their regular routine of food... i dont' know what else to say... hope everything works out...

DPG

PS your kid sounds cute :D

keekeeme :rofl I'm not laughing at you but for you,

you are so lucky to have a three year old little girl to

have that kind of interaction with. My kids are all grown

up and now have families of their own. I don't have little kids

any longer, but I do have fond memories of those times.

Do all you can to get pictures of her doing those silly things

so you can look back at those kodak moments.

Just fast your fish for a couple of days and all should be fine.

Kids are really resourceful, you may need to keep your fish

food in your safe deposit box and casrry the key around

your neck.

Mellonell.....you got that right! There are a million other things she could have shared!

Bruce....she only shares occassionally....when it fits her mood :D

New to Golds......this kid is very resourceful...I might just need the Lockbox..lol It is sad how they grow up so quickly...I know because my first baby is already 14....scarey how quickly it passes

Lepperchan...TY for sound advice....

Keekee :D

Bruce.... :D

Grandchildren would be wonderful. Every now and then when I'm especially stressed out about work, children, what's for dinner and laundry I look at my DH and say jeez grandkids will be great! I can't wait to spoil a kid...right now I'm the mean old mom....do your homework...clean your room....brush your teeth...blah, blah, blah. I get tired of listening to myself! And I want a boy so badly. I have three girls.

Congratulaions on your new baby grand daughter! Your grandchildren sound great!

I named my fish Ricky and Lucy. Lilly...that funny three yr. old...didn't like my names. She calls them Glasses and monster.

:hi

Keekee

Keekeee, be happy that feeding your fish was all your daughter did...Mine desided one day that the (fake) plants in the tropicals tank needed fertilizer!! MiracleGrow to be exact.....Needless to say they didn't survive that....

Actually, the MiracleGrow brought me back into the pet store to replace the tropicals, and found GOLDFISH!! So I guess a bad thing started the beginning of something good! :lol:

Guest sdramones

That was so funny. I had a little chuckle when I read this post. I'm laughing with you guys.

My lil' boy stuck 3 bananas and a WOK utensil in his 10 gallon tank!!! Ouch!!! I feel for you guys. But it'll be a great story to tell them when they grow up. ;):D