My Goldfish Has Rejected Me.

After I ended up giving away some of my fish, I decided that I would give Bromley goldfish my 55 gal to wait in for the 70 gal seeing as Bromley is becoming one of my larger fish by now.

Now Bromley has turned into a goldfish wuss who likes to hide from me. I know Bromley can swim around just fine because I've seen Bromley swimming around just as I enter the room. Upon seeing me, Bromley hides behind the filter. I hate to move fish so frequently, but if Bromley really hates this tank, I guess I must.

Chaos shunned me as well when I moved her into the big tank. Are there other fish as well? Once I moved in some more fish she opened up again. I think the feed off each others confidence and it really influences their behavior. When that is missing + the new environment, it really freaks them out.

Chaos shunned me as well when I moved her into the big tank. Are there other fish as well? Once I moved in some more fish she opened up again. I think the feed off each others confidence and it really influences their behavior. When that is missing + the new environment, it really freaks them out.

Bromley goldfish is alone again sadly...Not for too much longer I hope, but the new goldie I hope to get soon would still need to be quarantined either way.

Give him time. He's probably freaked out by the change. :) He'll warm up to ya soon.

Try spending time near the tank a lot and drop in a treat or two.

• Admin

The other thing I would do when I moved a fish to another tank is to turn off the lights for the day and let them use the lights in the home... this sometimes will help there stress :)

Recently I had similar experience with one of my gold fish. I moved Uno to the new fish tank by himself for one night and he always hide behind our ornaments. Once I moved the rest with him, he is doing fine again. Maybe he is just afraid being alone in such a big tank. I would...

I decided to rule out water quality problems, tested for nitrites, nitrates and ammonia and it's all good. Did a water change and cleaned the filter .

Bromley goldfish still hiding behind filter*sighs*. Maybe a goldfish does really feel scared alone in such a space.

I decided to rule out water quality problems, tested for nitrites, nitrates and ammonia and it's all good. Did a water change and cleaned the filter .

Bromley goldfish still hiding behind filter*sighs*. Maybe a goldfish does really feel scared alone in such a space.

Hey Au-fish! ... I noticed the same thing after moving 7 of 8 fish outside to my ponds .... I left one fish that just had gone through a hospital tank situattion.... she was healthy but acted very "shy" and hid anywhere she could .. I decided to go ahead and move her outside and she did very very well out there and has grown and matured ...I think they really do not like to be alone ...

washingtongoldfish

tom

Bromley still acting like there's a redtail catfish in that tank:(. Silly goldie.... Bromley seem did nibble some fruit I put in, so good sign there. Even if it turned out Bromley was getting sick, can't treat a mystery illness with meds very well.