Happy Tetras

Chrissy_Bee

For too long now I've had just 3 black skirt tetras. They are a schooling species and like larger groups. So I finally bought them some friends! There is quite a size difference. My original guys are over 5 years old now, and the 3 new guys look so tiny compared to them! I was so happy when I put the new guys in to see everyone school together right away. Already the old fish are more active :)

Here's a video...Flash (my dog) also feels the need to make an appearance. I apologize for how dark it is, the java fern really blocks the light.

th_020-4.jpg

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

• 7 months later...

Hey ChrissyBee, i was looking at your other dog video where u mentioned he was getting bigger and you couldn't see all of his ribs anymore. what happened that he was so thin?

Hey ChrissyBee, i was looking at your other dog video where u mentioned he was getting bigger and you couldn't see all of his ribs anymore. what happened that he was so thin?

Prince was rescued by a group here from a remote northern community where he'd lived as a stray. He came to us very malnourished and infested with worms. He's made a full recovery though :)

Very nice Chrissy....I like the Black Skirt Tetras. The tank looks great too! Nice job! :thumb:

Thanks :) I like them too, I've had them a long time now, they're great little fish.

The tank is lovely! Seeing all these people on Koko's with tropical tanks, when I know I don't have time to take care of one right now, is really testing my self-control... lol

I really want some schooling fish, too!

But also don't have time or energy to maintain two tanks.

It's nice to enjoy them vicariously. Thanks, Chrissy!

Thanks everyone :)

I admit, I love my tropical tank :heart

It is a LOT less work than goldfish, especially since it's so heavily planted. I just do a 25% water change every 2 weeks.

It looks a little different now because when I moved it upstairs a lot of the java fern came off the log, so it's not as thickly planted. My camera is broken but when I get a new one I'll have to get some pics.

Edited by Chrissy_Bee