Treating A New Fish Out Of A Feeder Tank?

Gil

Ugh...I can't get pictures, my parents have decided to shut off my phone at night and I forgot...so no pictures until 6:00.

:( God. I'm so upset.

The feeder tank was gross...I could see fish dying on the tank floor right by him...

You are doing all that you can do. You are giving him a chance.

Feeder tanks are so sad.

One of my fish came from the feeder tank.

Did yours get sick? :C

White stringy poop is essentially stress poop. Going from a very crowded tank to a new house and new small aquarium can be stressful. That can cause the not eating. I never feed my fish the first couple of days they come home. They have enough going on to deal with.

Now if the white thing (that most likely is poop) appears anywhere else on the bodynor doesn't eventually break off, we might have a bigger issue, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think salting if you have safe aquarium salt is a good plan.

Do you have any other fish? If you do, be extra careful about cross contamination. Keep up those water changes. You really need to get a test kit ASAP. Test twice a day while cycling at least. Cycling is probably the biggest stress, especially for an already weak fish.

Poor guy :(

I don't think it can be poop depending on the location. Do you have any idea about your pH? I am thinking either slimecoat coming off because pH problems or an anchor worm...?

It's off this morning! :3 I'm going to start my morning water changes just in case it's cycle-related and then I think I'm going to salt. I should be getting everything else he needs later (including that test kit!), so whoo. I think it was stress poop....sorry for freaking out on everyone. >___>

Do I see this correctly, he is your only goldfish, right? But you got bettas? Do they have filters? Are you going to seed Sixteen's filter with media from the betta tank to jump start the cycle?

Be careful with the salt though. If the tank is cycling and shows ammonia; salt makes ammonia more dangerous for goldfish!

Do I see this correctly, he is your only goldfish, right? But you got bettas? Do they have filters? Are you going to seed Sixteen's filter with media from the betta tank to jump start the cycle?

Be careful with the salt though. If the tank is cycling and shows ammonia; salt makes ammonia more dangerous for goldfish!

ooh, this is a good point. My bettas have been having issues lately but I can steal media from my sister's....>____> Hmmm. Maybe possible.