Is This Reabsorbed Eggs

Guest Mike and Linda

I just had egg poop from Boog this morning. I should have taken a pic. It was a tight zigzag string, clear, and a few white/clearish eggs in the poo casing too. Not sure if what you have there is egg poop...

• Supporter

i think it's reabsorbed as well.. there is defianately some zigzag in the white section before it changes colour.. and it's normal for reabsorbed egg poop to be this long.. i bet she's half a kilo lighter :rofl

Guest Mike and Linda

I know that it is not over feeding i cut way back on feeding. I did some reading on eggy poo and it kinda describes what she has. She is a little heavy and she swims un balanced in the water a little. Thanks

I am no expert, but I agree that it's egg poop. It's what I saw from Fluffy that made me decide she is a girl.

It is very difficult to tell unless the poo is trailing from the fish,once off the fish there is no zig zag.

The zig zag is the #1 best and unmistakeable sign of re-absorbed eggs and once you have seen it you know why. It is a very different line of poop....the eggs are thick jelly and much heavier than the poo so it creates a completely pronounced L shape in the direction of the poop after an egg.

Anyway zigzag aside they do look like jelly absorbed eggs in that poop to me.

Yes probably.

Hard to be 100% sure as the poop is not trailing but off the fish.

Trailing re-absorbed egg poop L shapes itself in a zag like this:

P1020425-1.jpg

Is that what you saw on the fish?

wow i must be underfeeding. i've never seen that b4, except for when i treated with worm meds, then they all poop a LOT