Sign in to follow this  
ashv20

Going Insane Here

Goldfish have been one of the most abused pets in recent history. It's such a shame.

They have seen the light!

Haha. I offered my 20L this morning, which isnt the best but it's much better with a filter and light and i said, they may need a airpump and bubble wand.

She said one of the orderleys had a smaller tank but i described how nice my one was and they said sure. They offered money but i said no please take it :)

hooray! maybe Larry can be happy now :)

:) yay

That's great! You must feel much, much better. :)

It is hard to witness cruelty, even if inadvertent.

aww thats way too sad :(

i guess a good thing to do might be to show them information from a more "trusted" source...... i work at pet*smart, and we have care guides about a bunch of different types of fish. The fancy goldfish care guide at least has SOME accurate information. i don't know if you have any pet*smart's in your area, but if you do, i would go pick up one of those guides and give it them. it has the store name on it and everything, so they might think "oh, well thats what the experts are saying, maybe they're right..."

i don't know... otherwise, try to find an inexpensive tank and filter and give it to them.

or cram a dog into a hamster cage and say "oh no, he's fine, he's been in there all his life!" (kidding, obviously....)

A little OT but I've actually experienced this.. We got our cat Noel (she was 13 years old at the time) from the flea market. She was living in a hamster cage and had been there (according to the guy) for 8 months. She had liver failure, heart failure, anemia, anorexia, and seizures.. now (16 years old) in the proper environment she is perfectly healthy cat... Those people should take care of that poor fish better :( I know what it can do to an animal and it sucks!

Meanwhile in the cytotoxic waste room...

Larry is now in the tank at reception :)

His water was quite acidic so it took a while to make it go alkaline and match the temp haha. He is very happy and swimming around. The bowl smelled so bad, i made sure i removed him before moving the pebbles in case of septic water.

I will take a before and after pic for you guys haha.

you should have told those receptionists to smell what they were making him live in

that's such good news! I'll bet ur glad you said something. And I'll bet Larry is too.

brownie points to you gretasophical. Good luck with ur rotations.

mj

Meanwhile in the cytotoxic waste room...

Larry is now in the tank at reception :)

His water was quite acidic so it took a while to make it go alkaline and match the temp haha. He is very happy and swimming around. The bowl smelled so bad, i made sure i removed him before moving the pebbles in case of septic water.

I will take a before and after pic for you guys haha.

WOW! Great job! You got it done for that little fishie. :angelstaf:

I'll bet he is so much happier now that he can swim around. :)

saving them one fish at a time :)

If they take the 20 long, just make sure they don't fill it with 20 fish now though D:

Haha i dont think they will get more. Apparently Larry doesnt like friends.

I just hope he is doing ok when i go in tomorrow. Due to being in the bowl for two years i think he will be ok with the tank while it cycles a little, i used plenty of media from my tank. And i adjusted him to the new tank water gradually.