Breeding

Guest LoneGuardian09

Guest LoneGuardian09

Right, 3 goldfish in a big tank inside (all roughly over a year old or so), I beleive there is one male and two females, one male and one female came from the same ship, and i bought them together, so i'm guessing with good odds they are related closely. Anyway, the suspected male fish Pinky (because he has a white under belly) has recently been chasing the other 2 fish, trying to go at them under their bellies, the usual stuff really, but the 2 females do not seem ready, or uninterested. Pinky gets rather frustrated by this, races round the tank rather quickly, then nibbles on rocks. This has happened several times now this week. Should i take out the female he is related to for chance of inbreeding? When he is chasing a female, the female just swims off quickly, whilst being chased. I've checked a few sources, and it says it could take up to a few hours, i really don't think there would be enough space for them to do that sorta thing for that long, not unless they had a tank the size of a small pond. Help ;)

Edited by LoneGuardian09

Usually its the female that signal to the male that she is ready. As for your concern with inbreeding; it's up to you whether to removed the related female or not but inbreeding, line-breeding, selective breeding is how our goldfish came about. How big is your tank?