Sign in to follow this  
jadenichole

Help! :( Flukes?

Lol, yeah I'm exaggerating. I can't imagine how much it would cost to dose my 125 like that though, eek! I agree that the tilting to the side is probably not a huge deal. Goldfish are terrible swimmers. The holding the breath deal is probably from the flukes or the nitrites, it is just so hard to say in this case. My nitrites never actually got high enough for my fish to show any ill effects from them, they only got up to between .25 and .5. I would say the behavior is most likely caused by the flukes.

Edited by klep88

Ok.. is this egg poop.. I'm also attaching a picture incase I do go w/ the Prazi treatment so you can see the amount of aeration I have right now w/ the big bubble disc .. if you suggest I pick up another bubbler Ill go pick one up.. Even if I dont go with the treatment right now will getting a nother bubble disc make them feel better w/ the cycling process maybe?? I can go get one.. like right now :) I dont want my babies to die :( IM SO SAD :( - boooo :thud

016-2.jpg

024.jpg

Lol.. I was getting a kick out of you guys thinking my name was Allyson.. its actually Jade :rofl

It's all Sakura's fault! :D I knew it was Jade, but somehow because she called you Allyson, I went with it. :o:sorry::

Edited by dnalex

Not really sure if that is egg poop or not. My fish's eggy poops have had very pronounced eggs in them that I'm not seeing in that, but it is pretty squiggly. It also looks like you have a good amount of aeration in the tank. The surface seems nice and agitated, without them looking like they are being thrown around a washing machine. Just try to stay calm, the fish will be fine. I know that is easier said than done though. ;)

Maybe I missed this, but when did you get the second fish? Did you post about it? Just curious as the new guy looks super cute.

Lol.. I was getting a kick out of you guys thinking my name was Allyson.. its actually Jade :rofl

It's all Sakura's fault! :D I knew it was Jade, but somehow because she called you Allyson, I went with it. :o:sorry::

:doh11::rofl

I'm not an expert on egg poo, but that does seem quite squiggly which would suggest reabsorbing eggs to me. :) The aeration you have looks great, but if you're willing to get another bubble disk that would be a good thing. You can never have too much aeration!

th_016.jpg

Here's a video from last night.. some yawning and dorsal was down.. didn't flash at all for the video..

And also.. both tap and tank PH are 7.8 so a little high?

pH of 7.8 is ok :)

Another thing I want to add is that he also flips his front fins kindof fast sometimes too?? Dont know why?? This is a strange behavior that started when all this started with the dorsal going down as well.. :(

Klepp about a week or so ago.. She is VERY cute.. I just love her cute as a button :) She looks like Koko's Chocolate that she had :) but she's a blue! :) Wisco loves her..they sleep together at night its really really cute! She has been so sweet she kindof checks him out when he rests on the bottom with his dorsal down like :hi are you ok? whats wrong buddy.. :( so cute

Edited by Jadafish

Well that was TOTALLY not the right video... SO hang on.. let me get the right one.. haha you're probably all like ok no.. no clamped dorsal and no yawning.. Ill post the correct videos from last night.. sorry about that :(!!! They will probably take a bit to download they are about 5 mins. each - the second ones quality lacks... well quality I was up til 5 am staring at my fishtank :thud - poor guy .. grrrR! Hang on... :)

Edited by Jadafish

I was going to say that I didn't see any weird behavior or even much of Wisco with his dorsal down in that video, but I see it is the wrong one. I thought I was nuts for a second.

Here's 2 of them.. 2 more coming - Downloading taking a bit!

th_025.jpg

th_011.jpg

Edited by Jadafish

I watched the entirety of the first video, and half of the 2nd. To be very honest, I couldn't see anything alarming. Certainly not a severe enough infestation of flukes to require immediate Prazi treatment. I would wait until your cycle is finished, and just concentrate right now on keeping the nitrites below 0.25 :)

Btw, your tank is very well decorated with a good amount of aeration, and the orandas are gorgeous :)

Edited by dnalex

I agree with Alex. I really don't see much that would require immediate Prazi. They look pretty happy and healthy in there. I would also choose to wait until the cycle is finished, observe their behavior at that time, and decide if you want to start a treatment schedule. They are awesome fish, I love them!

Edit: Did want to agree with Sakura that Luna does seem to hold her fins close to her body. That isn't normal as you know, my Pet*mart Moor did that when he had flukes (along with air gulping and gasping). So really, it is up to you as to what you want to do. Treat now, and keep on top of water params, and they will get better and you'll not be as worried. Or wait, then treat, and worry the whole time that they are sick (if you are anything like me). It's your choice really, whatever will make you and your fish feel best!

Edited by klep88

lol "Bacon stop it!" :D

The blue one seems to hold her dorsal and pelvic fins really close to her body much of the time, that's not normal. Towards the end of the second video I see Wisco doing that with his fins too. So they do seem a little unhappy to me, but if that's the worst of it, I don't think it's too extremely urgent yet. I would still go buy the Prazi tomorrow if that's what you were planning on. As long as you really work at keeping on top of water parameters and good aeration, treating with prazi shouldn't hurt. That's my opinion, I'm interested to see what others will say as well.

I didn't even look at Luna as closely as I should, and just went back to look. I agree that the one with the clamped fins is Luna. I don't have a strong opinion on whether you should treat now or later, but I do want to emphasize that whether you treat now or later, you'll want to pay especially close attention to your ammonia and nitrites, since it appears you are getting to the nitrite spike phase of cycle development. And, definitely get the Prazi now :)

To the LFS I go.. will be back soon.. BACON STOP IT.. I just wanted to kill her at 5 am last night.. was so NOT in to pig slime on my back last night trying to tape fish at 5 am lol.. still trying to download two more videos of them.. but sounds like I need Prazi anyways :) will go get some and be back :) thanks guys :)

Ok I picked up prazi... ill do a water chg when I get home this am my params were .25 nitrites 7 ppm nitrates and 0 Ammonia and I still did a water chg when I get home if I don't have all zeros ill do another chg then when I have all zeros... how much prazi do I add for the 26 gallon tank and do I take the filter media out? Is it going to be possible to get zero nitrates I'm sure I can get zero ammonia and trites not sure about trates? Thx :)

Don't take the filter media out, but do you have any activated carbon in the filters at all? Do you use those cartridges that have carbon inside a sponge? You have to remove the carbon without removing any of the other media, so if you do have those blue cartridges with carbon inside them, then just cut it open and discard the carbon.

Nitrates don't have to be zero, just nitrites and ammonia.

So take the white bags out cut them open then dump the charcoal out then fill the white bags I got today with charcoal rinse with some tank water and just kindof stuff them back in the white media thing and put back in the blue plastic thing and back into the filter then?

Or no carbon right now at all just the white part put back into the filter after emptying the charcoal out?

The second one is right. No carbon at all for now, because if you have carbon in there it will "soak up" all the Prazi you add to the tank. And yes, make sure you put the white part back into the filter. Remove only the carbon.