Did Anyone Else See Steve's Yellow Commons?

Gil

He said that he was trying to develop a yellow common strain from his yellow comet strain and he did! :D

They're beautiful! I always think about how yellow fish were for Chinese royalty and they're so interesting and adkfjlasjflajf :D

Why would you be unsure of the quality of his fish? He is a fairly well respected breeder as far as I know, and I have bought fish from him. Also, since when are you so anti-online for fish buying? 48 hours ago, you were talking about how you wanted a fish from Dandy Orandas "at all costs". You send so many different signals, it's confusing.

Edited by klep88

• Supporter

i am in australia, we don't have the luxury of buying from online breeders..

i have been considering for a while to contact a few online breeders to enquire on a bulk purchase with my LFS.. steve is top on my list for contacting.. from what i read he is quite reputable and worth the risk..

buying anything online is risky.. i don't think we need to be pointing the finger at one mans busniness & not every one elses.

Why would you be unsure of the quality of his fish? He is a fairly well respected breeder as far as I know, and I have bought fish from him. Also, since when are you so anti-online for fish buying? 48 hours ago, you were talking about how you wanted a fish from Dandy Orandas "at all costs". You send so many different signals, it's confusing.

I was wondering the exact same thing when I read this thread.

Let's keep things nice, please. People are allowed to change their minds and opinions, so let's not attack each other because of this.

I personally think that Steve's fish are very lovely. Yes, Gil, it's very interesting how he created a strain of yellow comets. I didn't know that, about yellow fish being for royalty! That's really neat, where did you learn that from?

Let's keep things nice, please. People are allowed to change their minds and opinions, so let's not attack each other because of this.

I personally think that Steve's fish are very lovely. Yes, Gil, it's very interesting how he created a strain of yellow comets. I didn't know that, about yellow fish being for royalty! That's really neat, where did you learn that from?

:goodpost

Shipping a living creature has to put stress on them somehow. Every shipment to my local pet store (Aquatics Unlimited) there are DOA fish. Some make it some don't. Its risky because the seller will usually refund you the money spent on the fish but not the shipping. So if you get a DOA you basically threw away $50 for shipping. I lost my job recently so I can't be throwing money away. :(

I am fascinated by the yellow common goldfish, especially the 6954 and 6953. I just don't have the room for them :( They deserve a big pond where they will strive and live a long and happy life :)

The first color variant of goldfish a long time ago were yellow, but because yellow is the color of the imperial family, only they were permitted to keep the yellow strain. That's why the orange color was developed and subsequently became the predominant color.

Here's a quick reference,

http://www.nationson...s/gold_fish.htm

Edited by ryukin girl

I ordered one of his yellow comets and a white one and a shubunkin for my pond. They'll arrive on Thursday hopefully. Can't wait. I've been looking at those yellow ones for ages... :)

Haha...some place very academic and mysterious and impressive, of course!

...wikipedia. :P But you made me feel smart for a few minutes!

Steve is an amazing breeder...every time I see his fish I get all excited and have to get off his site to calm down. I might try to order some if I ever get my pond going. Fancies in that color would be interesting...I mean, I've seen Orandas with yellow wen but not one that's predominantly yellow. Could be really pretty!

do fancys ever come in this color?

Yes, once, long ago, I had a lemon pearl scale. He died overnight, however....from a bad LFS. But I have been on the lookout for a yellow pearl scale ever since then!

I ordered one of his yellow comets and a white one and a shubunkin for my pond. They'll arrive on Thursday hopefully. Can't wait. I've been looking at those yellow ones for ages... :)

Oh!!! Please post pictures. They look incredible. As do the Wakins.

I am just terrified to get them online.

He said that he was trying to develop a yellow common strain from his yellow comet strain and he did! :D

They're beautiful! I always think about how yellow fish were for Chinese royalty and they're so interesting and adkfjlasjflajf :D

OOOOOOHH! ... I love em!!!! .... with I had more room outside!!!! maybe someday ......

washington Tom