Cloudy Watter

Hey guys i havn't been around much but you know how it goes... but anyway.... i have had my fish maintained very comfortobly but the watter all the sudden has gotten cloudy... does anyone know why this is? could it be a bacteria bloom or something? .... i put in a new filter thought it was about time.... will see if that does anything but i doubt it ( has been going for about 12 hours no change... so i don't know whats up... if some one could lend some expert advice, or even crapy advice i would be more then appretiative of it... thanks so much

look for ward to hearing back

DPG

Guest aliandpie

Mine was cloudy last week. I did a 50% water change and put new carbon in the media baskets. I think they make a mess of thier poop sometimes. One poops..then the other fish grabs it and spits it out then another..ect..untill it is a powdery mess. they do this all day long..so if i don't change water every Saturday things get cloudy real fast!

as long as your water params stay fine, you shouldnt have anything to worry about. its not harmful. it usually clears up in a few days. a few 25% water changes over the course of a couple days might help!

hope this wasnt too crappy! :rofl