The New To Me 110 :)

dogsbykat

Sooo very happy :bounce The stand needs to be stained and the tank has some scratches, but I don't care ($150 for tank and stand) and I don't think the new rescue fishies will, either ;) The seal looks and feels good and the tank was in use until a few months ago. Can't set it up for a couple of weeks; we were supposed to redo our living room in the fall, but once the huge tank was a reality, hubby said he wanted it done first...as he said, we're only setting up this :ignore once! :rofl Here's a pic, the stand is backwards, but the front is just plain with 2 doors. Thanks for looking :)

005-4.jpg

That's amazing! I can only imagine how big it is in person!

The fish are going to be so happy!

mj

Thanks :D Hubby and Woody did the lifting, I was of no help :rofl We're going to do a test fill in the bathroom before setting it up; I've got to bleach it anyway, so I can fill, clean and drain right beside the bathtub ;)

I'm also going to check with our home insurance agent, in case we need extra coverage for leakage ;)

Edited by BuggyBear

Congrats! The resuces will think they died and went to heaven.

Does the stand have any other bracing though? It looks like my stand did before we reinforced it. I can't really see but if the side boards are notched throughout, it will be fine. Mine wasn't so we had to redo the whole thing. Mine was held together with random nails and staples :o

I was very pleasantly surprised by how clean it was, once the stand is stained, it'll be perfect :) The rescues will start in the 40, but should be able to move in within a few weeks of their arrival ;)

I bet you are going insane not being able to get that puppy running! I would be! Can't wait to see it all filled with fishies.

You do know the newspaper trick for checking for leaks right? You place it on newspapers then very carefully fill it not spilling and then you can see if there are leaks very easily because newspaper gets dark when it's wet.

I've gone downstairs at least six times just to look at it and smile :D My rescues will start their qt in the 40 so I don't need so much Prazi, lol, but as soon as the living room floor is down, my new tank is up :rofl

I didn't know about the newspaper thing, so thanks, that is a great tip ;)

Edited by BuggyBear

Looks very nice. I really like the look of the stand :D.

And with regard to the 'fortifications', there's no such thing as overkill if it's for the safety of your fish :).

I'm very curious to see what it will look like all set up and stuff ^_^.