New Fish

Raivynn

Ok, so I knew I had fancy tailed fish, but ... I couldn't pass these babies up!! The LFS got a local batch of REAL Comet goldies ... I bought one yesterday, and he was just so pretty I had to have a second one. A friend of mine is giving me his old 55 gallon tank soon, so they will have either the 75g to themselves or the 55g to themselves ... depends on the fancies, really. But everyone is getting along. The two comets are obvious boys (breeding tubercles) ... I made a video of the fish because the pictures were crap! :D Enjoy!

Sorry it's sideways .... oops.

I'm hoping to have it set up within the next two weeks, but I'm keeping an eye on my water q pretty close with the addition of two such massive babies. And to happen upon such lovely fish for $10 each is just incredible. I was so surprised I almost squeaked. :)

That's great you found them. I am more of an oranda/butterfly/ranchu type, but these comets are absolutely gorgeous. I would have taken them also, had I room :)

I have never seen anything like them online, much less at a Mom and Pop shop. I feel a bit guilty; I am going to need to treat the whole volume, old and new, for flukes and other little nasties because I didn't have a quarentine tank large enough to house these two newbies. I'd just changed my water yesterday before I got the new guys. They came from a well-kept pond, so I am going to watch them for a few days and allow them to acclimate before I treat them for anything, though. They need some time to adjust -- these were pond-raised, and so they are used to much cooler water ..... oi ... what have I gotten myself into? :unsure::doh11::lol1

They are seriously awesome!! But then comets are one of my faves and I looove long, flowy fins. I found some fabulous comets in the feeder tanks at Pettysmart a couple months ago but they were like 3-4 inches and I got a couple also. And, have them in with 2 fancies right now so you're not the only one! They are getting along fine but hope to have a patio pond this summer. :)

Wow No one's gonna blame you for snapping up THOSE beauties!! They are beautiful and their tailfins are fantastic!!

I think we'll need more videos to drool over!! ASAP!!! :yeah:

Only one problem with these two beauties - those tails are so heavy they have a hard time swimming! I've been noticing they have a harder time with the tank current than my fancies ....