How Often To Feed?

Haileykins

So i have a very large red capped oranda. His about 6-7 inch's long and 2-3 inch's wide. His is a 47 gallon on his own. I am doing weekly 25-50% water changes but he produce's sooooo much waste and the water seems to be very cloudy even mid-week. I used to feed him only once daily but have started to feed him twice a day and he eats everything i give him :feedme .I was wondering if i could just feed him once a day again as i was before and if that would help reduce the waste or has he gotten too large to get away with that? I dont want to starve if he should be eating twice a day. I just dono cuz im pretty sure he would eat till he exploded cuz his kinda a piggy :rolleyes:

Any advice or personal experiences with this would really help :wub:

What are you feeding him? Also, you can feed your fish more than once a day, but very little each time (about the size of his eyeball).

What are your water parameters? Something isn't quite right if the water gets cloudy mid-week. It should stay clear throughout. However, you could up your water changes to 50% each week :)