My First Raingarden Tele <3

Kulukan

I have been telling my boyfriend for months that I want a cat for my birthday...that was until I saw a cute little, long bodied tele on Rain Garden :) Why-O-Why in that long post of perfect little teles did I pick the oddball? I don't know - but I love her :)

this is Kiitsu - my kitty replacement. "Kiitsu" is Estonian for kitten. She will probably end up being called kitty.

Who needs a cat when you have this cutie!

6341a.jpg

6341b.jpg

I love this little spot on her tail!

6341d.jpg

Steve is holding off on shipping her until I am ready. I can't wait!

I asked Steve just a few days ago if he ever posted any smaller/younger fish (I love watching them grow and change). I asked specifically about teles and wakin...and today he put up pictures of a bunch of little cuties!! Oh Steve - you are going to get all my money!

way cool. let us know how they ship! only once did i get a fish thru the mail, i paid extra for overnight too, he died, i felt so bad, never did it again.

I can't wait to see what she really looks like and how she moves. I just finished disinfecting her QT tank and was planning on stealing an extra filter from the big tank.

Has anyone used glass gems like this in their tank before? I can't think of a reason that they wouldn't be safe. The "pointy" end really isn't pointy at all.

IMG_20110323_122527.jpg

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend still wants a cat. I guess I get both!

I was NOT going to buy anything when I first looked at Rain Garden. I thought it was too silly to buy and ship a fish from Hawaii when I have a perfectly respectable pet store near my house...and then her little sad face said "take me home." I don't know how I'm going to explain this to my boyfriend. At least its safe for me to look at the DO auction, I really don't have the money to afford most of those.

• 2 weeks later...

shes here! shes here! shes here!

I was watching my tracking all morning and went to pick her up the second that she got in.

The guy at the FedEx store was very rough with her box. I asked him to be gentle and told him why and he said "well, it should say fragile or something." and the woman next to me said "well, it does say "live fish" all over the box"

She was sitting on the bottom of the bag when I opened the box. After floating the bag and putting her in the QT tank she is sitting on the bottom with her nose in the corner :( I am sure she is just horribly stressed out but I will be worried to death until she perks up.

Shes a bit smaller than I thought (but I like em small) her tail is gorgeous! It probably makes up most of her length which is why I thought she would be bigger.

Edited by Kulukan

quick update and a couple pics

when other ppl have pictures like this it breaks my heart! Its so much worse when its mine :P

This is where she went straight out of the bag

IMG_1475.jpg

this is about 20 minutes after being in the tank. She came out of hiding. After that first pic I turned the flash off - lol thats probably the last thing she needs right now.

IMG_1476.jpg

now shes hiding behind her plant :( I am going to leave her alone for a while (though I don't know if I can stop myself from walking over and sneaking a peek every so often :)