Sign in to follow this  
number20121

My Newest Addition

Speck is my favorite. :tomato:

Oh Dennis! LOL

50 days old. They are eating blood worms, even the normal sized ones :D

Also, I think Tilty might turn out natural brown. That would be so awesome! In the photo with all four of them, you can compare Buttons' (bottom right) orange head with Tilty's (top left) brown color. Definitely a difference.

Tilty eating a blood worm, you can see the brown color already.

05091101.jpg

Finny (left) and little Trooper (right)

05091103.jpg

All four, left to right: Tilty, Trooper, Finny and on the bottom Buttons. Buttons' eyes aren't as button-y anymore.

05091102.jpg

Oooh that would be very pretty if Tilty turns out brown! I love how Trooper has a bloodworm half shoved in his mouth in that second picture! :rofl so cute!! Also, Finny is still my fave, he looks to be the fattest too! :heart

Great pics! I'm glad they are doing so well :)

Daaaawww...they are so flipping CUTE! You are doing a great job raising them Fang! :)

OMGosh they are so cute and teeeniny! This is so fun watching them grow and thrive! I can't get over how big the bloodworms look next to them!

LOL

I can't choose a favorite!

Thanks everyone! Finny is very funny (Ha ha) to watch when he swims. With the lack of tail fin, he moves his "end" around a lot to get enough boost when swimming. You can see that in the group pic how his "end" is all sideways.

The shadow of his "tail" in that picture also cracks me up. It's like WHO TOOK THE SCISSORS TO MY FISH???!! lol

I was advised to cull him, but am not going to. I certainly understand this advise coming from professional breeders, definitely. But since the missing tail is not giving him any trouble (as Kailey correctly pointed out - Finny is the fattest/largest one); he is just going to be my little deformed, funny pet fish. :angelstaf:

:heart the pics so much!

you know Fang, its probably a good thing that those 4 ate all the others. Given how attached to these ones that you are - imagine if you had 4 times as many that you had to find space for!

I think its great that finny is getting along so well.

you know Fang, its probably a good thing that those 4 ate all the others. Given how attached to these ones that you are - imagine if you had 4 times as many that you had to find space for!

I know, right? As mean as it sounds LOL I thought that too before.

Congratulations an all your little ones! They are soooo cute!

I've really enjoyed all your posts and watching them grow.

They look great! They are growing so much already.

They look great! They are growing so much already.

Yep! It seems like that as soon as they reached a certain size (where larger pieces of food fit in their mouths and they started eating the cyanobacteria off the walls - those are almost 90% cleaned now by the way :D ) they began to grow even faster.

They look likee little goldfish now :D. Awwwwwww

Day 56:

The fish have grown IMMENSELY since the last photo update. I re-sized the pics so the glass in which Finny is, is the same size in both pics. So you can really tell the difference.

051511fry01.jpg

051511fry02.jpg

051511fry04.jpg

051511fry05.jpg

Buttons is getting dark markings on his head :)

051511fry06.jpg

051511fry07.jpg

Finny sure has her mom's (Hugo's) face

051511fry03.jpg

OMG!!!!! But Fang, did you see how BIG they got? :angelstaf:

Wow I can't wait to see what colours they will end up being! :painting::Congrats:

They have grown so big. I love the fry color they have on now. It would be awesome if they can keep that golden color :)

OMG!!!!! But Fang, did you see how BIG they got? :angelstaf:

They have grown so big.

I know, right? When I put the two pics of Finny in the glass together in photoshop, I was all :yikes

Wow I can't wait to see what colours they will end up being! :painting::Congrats:

I love the fry color they have on now. It would be awesome if they can keep that golden color :)

They look a bit more golden in the pics from the flash, but still. So far it looks like I'll have one natural brown or orange one and three calicos. Unless they change THAT much when they get older :)

I can't believe how quickly they've grown :heart They look great :)

Great job, Fang! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Very impressive! They are really coming along nicely! Speck's my fav! :pp

they are so wonderful Fang!!! You must be so proud!

Where will these darlings go?

How many times a day do you have to feed them?

Oh Dennis! LOL

Federica, they will stay with me. Somehow. LOL

Thinking about a temporary improvised patio pond. Luckily it rarely goes below freezing in South Carolina during winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_South_Carolina

Please keep in mind this says "monthly NORMAL". So just the average. We had temps up to 104F / 40C on some days, and went down to 25F / -4C on others. But so I think that even if it goes down that cold in winter, if the pond / tub is deep enough, and the fish being single tails, there shouldn't be a problem. It will never even freeze over. In the worst case I'd toss a heater in there to keep the temperature just above freezing.

And in summer I'd provide a lot of shade for the fish, with a lot of water movement.

:)

Oh wow, how big they are getting! They are precious.