Pond Almost Done! Yeah.!

Kerstin

Hi there,

tomorrow the pond should be done! Did the "shell" today with rail road ties. It's about 6 feet by 8 feet and almost 30 inches deep, which I guess should be abou 600G. Tomorrow we'll do the sand at the bottom, roofing felt and on top the pond liner.

Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get any nasty surprises. :)

Will post photos on monday. I'm sooo excited! Hope everything works out ok.

Saw a couple of nice goldies on raingarden, a common and a comet. i'll see if he would hold them for me for a week or so...

Then with Neptune and Poseidon that would be 4 fish, but I'll want those two to grow a tiny little bit first...

Thanks Allie. Can't wait til it's all done.

Just did a down payment on the two Raingarden Fish and he'll hold them for me until everything is good and ready. :D

Thanks guys. :D

@ Kulukan: He said just to let him know when I'm ready. But I think we're both kind of thinking a week or two. Just had to give 50% down payment. He's really nice and gave me some useful advise for the pond, too.

oooo, I'm thinking of doing something irresponsible with my money then. We are going on a trip so I can't get one right now...but if he will hold it a couple weeks...

Aww, its so pretty! If it were mine I would probably use some treated boards for the top, like 1"x6" or whatever width you need to have a little overhang to hide the liner. Or I have seen some that use slate or something like that for the top also.

Edited by Vahlla

Thanks. I was thinking about treated boards. Have to see if there are no bad chemicals in there...

This looks fantastic! How big is that pond?

Thanks Fang. It's 8 by 6 feet and about 30 deep. We did dig a little bit...

Thanks. I was thinking about treated boards. Have to see if there are no bad chemicals in there...

The new treated lumber has no arsenic or chromeium (spelling) in it anymore so as long as they are not submersed in the pond water they should be fine.

The new treated lumber has no arsenic or chromeium (spelling) in it anymore so as long as they are not submersed in the pond water they should be fine.

That's good to know. Thanks J-pond. :)