Life After Death

Batto

Hi guys after losing my 14 year old comet Goldie Salvo last week, :( I decided to fill my tank again with life, I'd come home and the lounge would be so lifeless, I would just look at the tank and start bawling seeing my precious fishy in his favorite tank spots, you could just feel the loss the emptiness, usually I wouldn't go out and buy another fish time to heal etc but in this case I made the exception.

:newfish

Today am the proud owner of a cherry blossom ranchu she is 3 years old an an absolute cutie, she chose me, I was not looking to buy a fancy.

I know nothing of the breed ranchu and can only really find info on lion heads and orandas, any quick hints? tips or links about the ranchu would be appreciated.

I brought her A class sinking pellets, tank is cycled and pristine, my tank is 152litres and would like to get a couple more later on.

I'm will upload pics of my ranchu soon.

Now what to call her?

• Supporter

precious.. i knew you would continue your fish hobby.. ranchus are beautiful.. full of life, speed, love. perfect companions..

just keep doing what you were doing before and he/she will be happy.. water changes once per week with declorinator.. now, most people qt their new fish incase of flukes or worms etc.. they use prazi to do this.. did you manage to find any aquamaster fluke & tapeworm tablets? if not.. and the ranchu will be on it's own, just keep an eye on it's condition and if anything arises, post back and we will help you.

congratulations.. i am so happy for you :heart:heart:heart

Thanks guys

Stakos, thanks so much for the tip unfortunately didn't quarantine, :doh11: so much learn!

I'll keep a close eye on her, hopefully all will be ok.

x

congratulations! Glad you didn't give up the hobby. I hope you and cherry/blossom will have many happy years together!

:Congrats: on your new fish, what a lucky little guy/gal to have found you for a fish Mom. I had read everything on your other post about your 14 yr old fish that passed away and I think its great you decided to adopt another fish. He won't replace your love for the fish that you lost but I hope he helps in some way.

But where are the pics?!?! :)

Sakura is cherry blossom in Japanese hehe :)

Congratulations on the new fish. Ranchus are so cute, and they will be so much fun to watch with a couple more buddies in your tank. I love the way they wiggle lol

P.S. I'm so glad you decided to continue goldfish keeping after the loss of Goldie Salvo :)

Edited by dnalex

Here's a link on ranchu if you havent seen it already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranchu. I have two and they are super. Mine are quite active, the most active of all my fish ( I also have 2 telecopes and 1 oranda)--zip around the tank, and, compared to some of my previous orandas, I have never had floaty issues with them. Mine like to much on (and decimate!) anachris plants, which I have the tank--the others leave it alone, pretty much. That's fine with me as I have those in there to be eaten--ut they really make short work of them! I feed them a mix (alternating) of gel food,sinking pellets, and frozen bloodworms,krill or brine shimp. Since I started with the last three a few times a week, my one is noticably getting bigger (the other is destined to be a squirt, I think--though he eats most enthusastically).

As Stakos mentioned, you should prazi (I use PraziPro) as almost all fish come with flukes from the LFS. Congrats on your new fish! I know you what you mean about the empty tank...

Oh, I think Sakura seems like the perfect name since it means Cherry Blossom!!

And you have to post pictures RIGHT AWAY!! You see....We N E E D pictures of new fish! I think it helps feed our own desire to go out and buy new fish! If we don't get STUFFED FULL of new fish pictures we think we are STARVING and will dash out and buy more fish. Soon our tanks are over stocked & we are in trouble!!! ((Hee hee..THAT was a good one, huh?))

And you have to post pictures RIGHT AWAY!! You see....We N E E D pictures of new fish! I think it helps feed our own desire to go out and buy new fish! If we don't get STUFFED FULL of new fish pictures we think we are STARVING and will dash out and buy more fish. Soon our tanks are over stocked & we are in trouble!!! ((Hee hee..THAT was a good one, huh?))

:lol:

That's some good logic there :D

Ranchus are fun fish. I have 4 :P. To me they are second only to butterflies.