Sign in to follow this  
ilovefantails

Gel Food Please Help! :)

Hi guys,

can someone tell me a nice easy recipe for gel food :feedme , what sort of vitamins to use and like, how to do it? like easy step by step instructions please and a recipe please (with garlic, Heard its good for 'em), and how to freeze it. I have two fantails approx 3 inches with tail. how long does it last in freezer?

Only gonna start making gels cuz i know its good for my goldies :P

Also, how much should I feed at a time, how should i feed it and how often?

Just outta the blue also, how long will it take them to reach their full size ( they are fantails). one is about 2 and the other is just from the pet shop, a few weeks old. thanks!

ilovefantails

PS: what sort of gravel/rocks would be good to cover the floor of the tank that wont fit into their mouths when fully grown? Thank you!

gel food aka :slicedbread

Goldfish never stop growing, but they slow down a lot after 2 or 3 years.

I got my fantail 6 years ago at 1'', and he got to 5'' in 2 years. Now he's approaching 7''.

River stones won't fit in your fish's mouth even when fully grown, but if you're planning to use them like gravel, it would be a hassle to clean. Besides, fish like to sift through the gravel for food, so I suggest you get gravel that would be too small to get stuck in their mouth. Fine grain gravel, like very coarse sand, would be the best.