Sign in to follow this  
sus4ntoh

Anyone Tried Progold?

I have been feeding my goldies Tetrafin Goldfish flakes since I started this hobby and recently switched to ProGold from GC. I noticed with ProGold, the water will become dirtier during feeding time although it will clear up once the feeding frenzy is over...It also seems that these ProGold sinking pellets are a lot harder than flakes to the point. My new black telescope is a pig... he will try to eat as many as he can and then in the end, he has to spit some of them out lol. So what do you guys think of these ProGold?

I used ProGold before and many of our members use it. It's best to pre-soak it for a few minutes before putting it in the tank. But it is a great quality food :)

I used ProGold before and many of our members use it. It's best to pre-soak it for a few minutes before putting it in the tank. But it is a great quality food :)

+1. Another endorsement here, ...yeah, the pre-soaking is a must :druel

I'm a longtime Pro Gold feeder -- love it! No other food makes my fish so shiny and vibrant.

I don't pre-soak because the food doesn't seem to expand at all; it just crumbles. So I feed it straight and have never had problems with it.

I've tried it, too. The goldies love it. Didn't presoak the first time and they almost choked (they were really small). So now I presoak and they just "inhale" it.

Good to hear that. My goldies love them but it seems it takes a while for them to chew it. All of them are about 2 - 2.5 inch. They will pick one pellet at a time and chew it for a good 30 - 45 seconds. I really enjoy them chewing because that is the only time they swim still except the mouth of course lol nom nom nom... Do you guys think I should try to pre-soak them or it is okay for them to chew it for a while?

Edited by F4ith

I pre soak my Pro Gold because I fear that the pellets will absorb water and expand inside the fish causing problems with floatiness. If they are pre-soaked, the expansion happens outside the fish.

Fluffy loves his Pro Gold, too. He grabs as many pellets as he can at once as they float to the bottom and then sits there chewing and chewing. So Cute!

Love ProGold, and so do my fish! I swear they have been more active and seem healthier since I started feeding it!

I have used ProGold for my fish pretty much since the day I got them. I have fed them both pre-soaked and non pre-soaked. Although I never had any problems with the non pre-soaked pellets I pre-soak them now just to be on the safe side. I think the food is great and my fish absolutely love it! :)

I usually feed Omega One sinking pellets or gel-food, but I think the gel food is clouding my water, and I'm halfway through a bottle with 7 fish..

After the bottle's empty I might have to switch to ProGold, you guys are making it sound awesome. :)