14year Old Comet Dying

Batto

• Supporter

so sorry... thing is that if you read the information, the clove oil will not dissolve without the vodka.. the combination has it's really good points for euthanizing.. if you can pluck up the courage to run accross the road and get some vodka, it will be ideal..

by using the clove oil on it's own, a. it may harm him more, b. he may die a stressful/painful death.

it's upto you.. i know how difficult having to do this really is. i know how your fish has become your buddy.. it's a heartbreaking experience.. i do hope you manage to get accross the road & get some vodka.

• Supporter

Amber posted that she doesn't use vodka. Just clove oil & water...

going through all the forums related to euthanizing, the best combination is clove oil & vodka.. alternative methods or doses have had mixed results. i prefer to advise on a method that has proven to work without fail/minimal stress to the fish.

I'll go get the vodka be back soon

Amber posted that she doesn't use vodka. Just clove oil & water...

going through all the forums related to euthanizing, the best combination is clove oil & vodka.. alternative methods or doses have had mixed results. i prefer to advise on a method that has proven to work without fail/minimal stress to the fish.

My apologies. I simply was alerting her to what a poster had posted in the thread so that she could go back and read it. Having had no experience with clove oil, I would not dare to make any sort of suggestions.

Edited by stakos
correction to sequence

:( My deepest sympathies to you. 14 years is quite the accomplishment, wow. Best of luck to you and little Salvo for a peaceful transition under the bridge. :rip: May he rest peacefully. I don't know how one can muster up the courage to make the call to euthanize. In the past when it came to my passing fish I just couldn't do it. I always end up just making their tank nice and dark and leaving them be.

Just came back with the vodka, but it's too late.

He's gone.........no fin, or gill movement, he looks so brilliant and gold.

Thanks guys you're all very wonderful in your responses, I'm a wreck, I'll think I'll spend the next few hours looking at him then sleep in the lounge next to his tank tonight and drink the vodka.

He was the best fish a girl could ever ask for.

Bye bye beautiful

• Supporter

aaawwww :( sleep peacefully goldy salvo :angelstaf:

you really are a special fish mummy.. i am so sorry for your loss. he reminds me of my sir loyn, his size, the way he swam in the video. i feel your connection & i am heartbroken with you..

thank you for posting here and allowing us to comfort you and share your experience.

I'm extremely sorry for your loss.. Just reading this posting makes me teary eyed..

At least they aren't in any more pain.. :cry

Ahh gee guys didn't think it would be so hard, crying like a child all day, haven't slept, he still looks sooo alive, I'm gonna miss him.

I brought him a beautiful plant today that I will pot up very soon he will be in it, the sunset is coming, it will sit on top of the tank.

I will engrave on his tank or the porcelain pot "My beautiful golden charm...Goldie Salvo"

Thanks so much guys for you support once again, hope your fish bring you all the charm and luck only fish gold can xx

His bliss is older than the sun

Silent and straight the waters run

The lights, the cries, the willows dim,

And the dark tide are one with him

last 4 lines of "The fish" by Rupert Brooke

Edited by salvo

Guest Mike and Linda

I am sorry for your loss also. Even though these are only fish you get attached to them like you would a dog or a cat. 14 years is a long time time for you to have your fish.

My thoughts are with you at this time. Mike