Prazi Pro In Qt

Kerstin

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? PH 7.8 or a little bit higher

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? same

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API

[*]Water temperature? 74

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 QT tank seede with media from old tank, running since Friday

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? whisper not sure how big. it came with the set, wouldnt want to put anything bigger right now as there is already a bit of current that blows the fish around as they are so tiny...

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 50% or more dayly

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much? today 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 1 inch and a bit feeders

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? 1 time dayly GF connection flakes

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? both are new

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? 1 tiny ich spot one of them came with

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no, very active

So my question is: I've brought the salt up to 3% since friday to treat the ich on the one fish. I does look a little bit better. Do I need to get a heater to bring the temp up?

Should I be adding any prazipro as a precaution in case they have flukes or other nasties, as they come from the feeder tank or should I wait until the ich spot is dealt with?

I do believe you want heat to speed up the life cycle of ich and lots of water changes. I always run prazi and salt together, but it can be a bit more complicated and stressful on the fish. I think it is more of a personal preference. I would definatly prazi them a few times at some point though.

I do believe you want heat to speed up the life cycle of ich and lots of water changes. I always run prazi and salt together, but it can be a bit more complicated and stressful on the fish. I think it is more of a personal preference. I would definatly prazi them a few times at some point though.

Thanks Amy. With all the water changes, do I just redose the prazi every time? Because I think it says to leave it in there for 3 days?

I remember someone on here writing Hikari and asking about the efficiency of Prazi Pro in combination with salt, and the reply they got was that with more than .1% salt it can lower the efficiency of Prazi Pro.

Considered that for ich you have to use more salt, it might be the better idea to do salt first and then prazi, unless they seem to have a severe case of flukes.

You know, sich erst um's gr??ere ?bel k?mmern, dann um das kleinere. I can't think of the English equivalent to this :rofl

I remember someone on here writing Hikari and asking about the efficiency of Prazi Pro in combination with salt, and the reply they got was that with more than .1% salt it can lower the efficiency of Prazi Pro.

Considered that for ich you have to use more salt, it might be the better idea to do salt first and then prazi, unless they seem to have a severe case of flukes.

You know, sich erst um's gr??ere ?bel k?mmern, dann um das kleinere. I can't think of the English equivalent to this :rofl

You're probably right. It's easier to keep the dosage under control that way, too. I think his "heavy" breathing might have been nerves, as he does not seem to do it so much when I'm not sitting there Staring.lol His gills look normal. So I guess I'll do the salt and ich first, like you said "das groessere Uebel"

Thanks Fang.