Sign in to follow this  
stevent

Bubble Size

Would you rather have large or small bubbles in your aquarium? I'm trying to decide if I should use an airstone or not.

I don't exactly love the bubbles, but I have a bubble wall and 3 bubble stones in my main tank and bubble stones in my other ones. Well oxygenated water is important, so the bubblers do their job :)

I had small bubbles, which I hated. So I buried the bubble wall in the substrate and now I have big bubbles.

I don't care what size they are, but I really want tye 2 airstones to put out the same amount of bubbles. There is a complicated spaghetti behind the tank to keep it balanced. I spend way too much time fiddling with it.

I don't care what size they are, but I really want tye 2 airstones to put out the same amount of bubbles. There is a complicated spaghetti behind the tank to keep it balanced. I spend way too much time fiddling with it.

Lol. I gave up on that quite a while back. Now they are all doing their own thing. I was really annoyed at first, but I'm pretty used to it now lol

i had medium size ish.. used a bubble bar. but i got rid of it.. too much.. something. i forget what it promotes. algae i think. but, im glad i dont have it now. more room for plants!

I like the smaller bubbles, I also believe I read somewhere it is better for water aertion to have smaller/fine bubbles.