Sign in to follow this  
Kitteh

Peas Causing Floating?

These new fish are more trouble then their worth haha.

So I've just fed my fish peas, and my Ryukin seems to be floating?

After eating peas just recently my Ryukin Rims seems to be half floating, his tail touches the ground while his body is going straight up.

Other then dealing with bullying he seems to be doing fine.

He has had some fin nips, his right fin he keeps clamped, but manages to swim well. Also there was an ammonia spike from adding two new fish that is under control right now (NH3 0.00 PH 7.4).

So I'm just really confused. I've dealt with SBD in three fish, and I've never seen it cause by peas, or even made worse by peas.

Has this happened to anyone else? :unsure:

my oranda, sir loyn floats on peas.. all the time.. so i have changed and now feed blanched spinach.. it's not unusual for a fish to float on peas..

it's like us.. some can drink cows milk & others are lactose intollerant.

yup some of my fish float on peas too. I like spinach like Helen, zucchini and cucumber.

I have read of that on here before. In that case, simply cut the peas out of his diet. Some fish just get gassy from certain veggies. I have one that does the same thing after eating broccoli.

Oh, thanks guys! I just had never heard of it before. :)

This makes sense! I purchased an adult Ranchu over the weekend (He is about 4 inch) and he was swimming fine until I fed him peas. Now he is swimming side ways lol.. so no more peas for him and yesterday my ProGold pellets just arrived from GC so that will what they eat from now on.