Quick Qt Question For My Little Guys

Kerstin

Hi there

right now my 1 1/2 long goldies are in my 10G tank. There is two of them. I have the water on 1% salt, ammonia is 0. Should I go up to 3% to fight possible parasites? They come from the feeder tank and I'm pretty sure there are all kinds of nasties in there. Also I'm thinking of doing the prazi treatment i heard mentioned here so often. Where can I get that? Does Pet$mart sell it? Is it the same as "general cure", which I have at home?

Sorry about all the questions... just want to make sure they'll be ok.

Right now they are really lively and eat and poop a lot like a good gf should.lol One of them seems to be yawning a bit, though...

Thanks in advance for your input.

I would definitely increase your salt to 0.3%. Be sure to only increase 0.1% at a time though. :)

General Cure contains metronidazole & praziquantel. I just order my prazi online. Hikari makes a product called Prazipro, which is already a liquid and really easy to use. If you LFS does not carry it, you can order it. The yawning fish may have flukes, so a course of prazi treatment would be good.

Hope this helps.

I would definitely increase your salt to 0.3%. Be sure to only increase 0.1% at a time though. :)

General Cure contains metronidazole & praziquantel. I just order my prazi online. Hikari makes a product called Prazipro, which is already a liquid and really easy to use. If you LFS does not carry it, you can order it. The yawning fish may have flukes, so a course of prazi treatment would be good.

Hope this helps.

Thanks dnalex. I'll look for prazipro online.

If you can, get your prazipro from PetMountain. They have the best price I can find.

Thanks Ashlee. I''ll check that out right now.

Have you ever posted pics of them yet? ROFL

I'll take some now, but thinking back his "extraordinary" color might have been ammonia burn.lol He's almost completely silver now after just a few days and his friend lost the black on his fin, too. I'll take some photos right now.