Sign in to follow this  
ilovefantails

Is This A Good Gel Food Recipe?

Hello all,

just thought of a gel recipe- wondering if it was okay (I'm new to the whole gel-food thing). please tell me if there is anything else I should add or if there are any ingredients in there that i shouldn't put in. Thank you! :D

40% canned tuna (in water), then equal amounts of

boiled peas,

bloodworm

boiled spinach

krill

hikari floating pellets

By the way, I also have a question. I have had my goldy's for over a year and a half and pets at home ( uk equivalent to vvvv/mmm) say they are orandas, but I think they are fantails, as they have not grown a wen. The girl in pets at home said sometimes it takes alot longer for wens to grow, but I am still not convinced they are orandas. they seem like fantails to me. what are other's thoughts on this?

PS: Is it okay if I only feed fresh homemade gel food? ( the recipe above and maybe afew others on the gel food part on this site). Also, how long would it last if kept in the fridge? I would only make as much needed at a time so it would always be nice and fresh.

I would cut out the floating pellets but the rest sounds good. You can always freeze the rest of the gel food.

My fan tail kenny was sold to me as an oranda. I've had him for about 8 months.

I would cut out the floating pellets but the rest sounds good. You can always freeze the rest of the gel food.

thanks ashlee, your the best! you always answer my questions.

thanks again,

ilovefantails xx

thanks ashlee, your the best! you always answer my questions.

thanks again,

ilovefantails xx